excerpt: dreaming of the one you love makes you weak

i walk up to the person in my dreams having unknown intentions sprout inside of me.

"you look like the boy i like." i say to the person.

he turns his back to me for a few seconds, as if he was considering his appearance. coming full circle, i meet his eyes once more. and they are not only big, but they are tired. and, oh, does he look weak.

"have you been dreaming a lot lately?" i ask him.

he nods his head once, and i reply with a me too. the person in front of me bends his neck outwards, his head tilting back. out of his neck bursts fingers, then hands, then arms. then he is made brand new fright in front of my eyes.

"you look like the girl i like." he says to me.

i turn around to hide my blushing face, and in front of me happens to be a mirror. i see a girl standing, and i can tell she's in love. with who, i wonder. i turn back around to face the person.

"have you been dreaming a lot lately?" he asks me.

i can only find it in myself to nod once. despite the short reply, he says me too. then a bubble forms inside of me and it crystallizes immediately. cracks form all around my insides as i try and break free. i crash through the glassy globe of my insides and my hands dart for my throat, reaching and ripping flesh from its place. the light of day touches my skin again and i climb from myself, to see a familiar looking boy.

"you look like the boy i like."

r.k.