Two-Bit

Two-Bits P.O.V

"So Johnny Cake is gonna be okay?" I ask and Noel nods.

"Yeah he should be fine. Just might have a nasty scar." She explains and I nod.

"What are we having for breakfast?" I ask and she shrugs.

"We are the first ones up so we should probably think of something to make for everyone." She points out as I pull the chocolate cake mix out of the fridge.

"What are you doing?" She asks and I laugh.

"It's chocolate cake. We eat it for breakfast all the time." I tell her.

"That's disgusting. You can't have chocolate cake for breakfast." I laugh as she takes the chocolate mix from me.

"C'mon El.. Ask Darry we eat it all the time." I complain as she puts it back in the fridge.

"Well Darry isn't awake. Help me get some pancakes ready." She says and I groan.

"Shoot we haven't made pancakes in months." I try to talk her out of it.

"I made them a couple days ago. C'mon Two-Bit." She pushes me playfully and I laugh a little. We get all the stuff together to start making the pancake mix and it's really fun actually.

"So what about you guys?" I ask her and she smiles.

"What do you you mean?" She questions and I shrug.

"I mean with you and Soda." She tries to drop her smile but I can see she can't.

"What? Embarrassed you got caught?" I joke and she laughs as she flips a pancake.

"Um.. I don't know. He's nice and all but I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship yet." She explains.

"What do you mean?" I ask and she sighs.

"I mean that I have to still think about Blair. I have to do what's best for her. I'm the only one she has left honestly." She tells me as I walk over to her.

"So.. Do you dig Soda?" I ask quietly and she laughs.

"Oh my god Two-Bit." She laughs and I shrug.

"I mean c'mon. He's a good lookin guy and you're a good lookin broad. I'm surprised he hasn't kissed ya yet." She rolls her eyes but with a smile so I know she's joking.

"God Two-Bit way to be the one to make everything awkward."

"What? It was just a question."

"I don't know if he's just joking with me or sometin. He's got every other girl in town lining up at DX." She puts pancakes on a plate and sets it down in the middle of the table along with some butter.

"El let me tell you something that will intrigue you.." I say quietly and she leans forward a little.

"I've never seen Soda so into somebody so quickly ever. And I mean ever. Like never in a million years." She laughs a little but the shrugs.

"Maybe.. Maybe not. We'll just have to find out Keith." She says quietly as she walks off leaving me surprised.

"Breakfast is ready!" I hear her call through out the house. By the time everyone is back in the kitchen I have a beer in my hand.

"No beers before three o'clock." She smirks as she takes it out of my hand.

"Damn. If you'd be any stricter I'd have to call you ma'am." I tell her and everybody laughs.

"I'm not strict, just reasonable." Goddammit. She's such a goddamn flirt.

"Good morning sweet heart." Soda says as he enters the kitchen with messy hair.

"And good morning to you my love!" I greet him in a high pitched voice. Making everyone laugh.

"God Keith why are you so stupid?" Noel asks and I shrug as I grab some pancakes. Soda moves past me and towards El.

"Now that I've said good morning to Two-Bit.. How did you sleep?" Soda asks her and she smiles.

"Good. What about you?" She asks.

"I had a dream about you." He smirks but I quickly walk over to them and grab Soda by the shirt.

"Alright Mr. Smooth. Time for breakfast and then work so say bye to your star crossed lover." I tell him and he laughs as I drag him to the table.

"Damn Keith. Just had to kill me didn't you?"

"It's my pleasure."