Dally

-a week later-

I've been walking for a good hour or so which I expected trying to get to Jay Mountain. When the church gets into view I realize that I almost forgot how old the damn thing is. I climb in through the window and see Noel standing with her back to me. Her hair is really short, almost like a guy. She's putting out the fire in the fire pit and she doesn't know i'm there. I quietly walk over to her and grab her by the waist. She starts screaming as I spin her around and Pony and Johnny wake up.

"Dally what the hell?!" She yells as I put her down and I smile at her hair.

"Why is your hair so short?" I ask and she sighs.

"Because we're smart." She says and I laugh as Pony and Johnny start bombarding me with questions. I give Pony the letter from Soda and then turn to them.

"Are you guys hungry?" I ask and they all nod.

"C'mon let's go." We go outside the church and start driving to Dairy Queen.

"Jesus you're gonna get us killed!" She exclaims as we pull into Dairy Queen, almost getting in a car crash. Once we are done ordering we sit in the parking lot and Noel sits in the front.

"How are you feeling kid?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"How's Blair?" She asks.

"Upset." I answer and she sighs.

"How many weeks are you?" I ask.

"Five." She says as Johnny leans forward.

"I think we sound turn ourselves in." He says and me and Noel both look at him.

"What?" I ask.

"I mean Pony and Noel can testify and I can give you back the gun so you won't get in any trouble." He explains.

"Are you sure?" I ask and Noel glances at me.

"Yeah I'm sure." He reassures us.

"Johnny you don't understand what jail does to you." Noel tells him gently.

"Why are you being sympathetic?! I can't watch you rot in jail, man." She sighs at me raising my voice.

"Do you have fifteen cents?" A little girl asks as she comes up to the car.

"No we don't." I tell them and Noel glares at me as she pulls the change out of her pocket.

"Here you go sweetheart." She says sweetly as she puts the change in the little girls hand. She runs off and then turns to me again. We start driving back to the church and I lecture Johnny about what he's getting himself into.

"Dally just leave him alone." Noel snaps.

"No i'm not going to leave him alone-" I'm cut off when we pull up to the church and see it in flames. Pony jumps out of the car and to the church and Johnny follows.

"What the hell is wrong with them?" Noel asks as she jumps out of the car and follows them.

"Shit.." I mumble.