Sodapop

"So have you been under a lot of anxiety or stress?" The doctor asks.

"Yes." Blair answers for her and Noel sighs.

"Is that true?" He asks and she nods solemnly. Two-Bit holds her hand but I just stare at the little screen and try to imagine what the baby might look like but I can't.

"Alright well let's take a look at the baby shall we?" He says and Noel lays backs and he puts the remote on her stomach and presses.

"Woah woah what are you doing? Aren't you hurting the baby?" I question and Noel looks at me.

"Soda." She begins but the doctor starts talking.

"I'm not hurting your child sir.. Just trust me." He says and I take a deep breath. Noel grabs my hand as we all stare at the screen in anticipation.

We hear a rapid beating but we don't see anything yet.

"Oh my god.." Noel whispers as she smiles.

"Your baby has a strong heart." He tells us happily but I can't make anything out.

"What are we looking at Doc?" I question and he laughs. He traces something on the screen and it was only seconds after that I finally understood what it was.

"That's our baby.." I whisper and Noel laughs.

"Is it too early to know if it a boy or a girl?" Two-Bit asks and the doctor squints at the screen.

"No actually. Would you like to know what your baby is going to be?" He questions and Noel and Two-Bit look at me.

"It's up to you." I tell her and she looks back at the doctor and nods.

"It's a girl." He announces and I smile.

"We're gonna have a daughter." Noel says and Blair smiles.

"I'm gonna have a niece."

-later that day-

"So we have some news." Noel tells everyone and they all look at her.

"Last time you had news you told us you were pregnant." Ashton reminds and Two-Bit laughs.

"This is good news. So when we went to the doctor today we found out the gender of the baby." She says and they all grow wide eyed.

"It's a girl." She announces.

"Dammit!" Dally yells and Ashton gets up and laughs.

"I told you! I knew it! I was right!" She yells and we all look at them, confused.

"We had a bet. Dally thought that you were gonna have a boy and I thought you were gonna have a girl and I won!" She yells in his face as he hands her twenty dollars.

"What a second you bet on my baby?" She questions and Ashton's face falls.

"Was that wrong?" She asks and Two-Bit laughs.

"No." He answers and holds up his hand for a high five. She turns to me and I smile.

"I'm gonna go call my dad." She tells me.

"Are you sure?" I question and she nods. After everyone gets over the hype of the announcement of the gender we hear Noel yelling over the phone.

"Why do we have to be there?" She asks.

"That's not a good fucking excuse! We're barely related!" She yells as she comes into the room.

"Blair we gotta go." She says angrily.

"Why?" Blair asks as she grabs her jacket.

"Because Farrah just went into labor."