Sodapop

Soda's P.O.V

I try to pull her up and make her run but she can't. She lays there screaming as the five Socs get out of the car. Noel stops screaming and I quickly pull her to her feet. There are no traces of tears on her face which makes me feel a little better.

"What the hell do you want?" She snaps at them and they smile.

"What's a pretty little girl like you hanging around with this hood?" One of the questions but she stays silent.

"Are you gonna answer me?! Huh?!" He asks a little louder as he gets closer to her. I want to just punch him in the face but we're outnumbered so I don't want to risk anything right now.

"Why don't we show you what real men are?" He asks as he moves her hair but Noel is Noel so she spit in his face.

"Think you're so big and bad do ya?" She just shrugs and the Soc snaps his fingers and before I can even blink they have her on the ground and she's screaming.

"Soda!" Her scream cracks which makes it even worse. There are two Socs that have her pinned to the ground so the other three start to close in on me. The Socs let her sit up but only to watch me get beaten. She squirms in their grasp but she stays silent for the most part.

"Once we're done with you.. Your 'friend' is all ours." One Soc threatens quietly but I don't flinch at the words.

"So who's first?" He speaks up as he looks between the both of us. I can see Noel wants to say something but I shake my head.

"Me." She pipes up and I feel everything inside me collapse.

"Brave, are we?" He asks her.

"Not brave.. Just have more balls than you and I'm a girl." He smacks her as soon as the words leave her mouth.

"How old are you?" He walks around her in a prowling circle. She doesn't answer and I almost want to yell at her because of her stubbornness. Another slap but she's still not speaking.

"Get her." At the words I'm pulled back so that I'm farther away from her as they start beating her. She doesn't scream, she doesn't cry, she barely makes a sound as they punch her face, kick her sides and basically slowly kill her.

"How old are you?!" He yells this time but she just laughs as she looks up at him. There's blood on her face but she still looks strong. Her amused expression doesn't drop even when they put a gun barrel to her forehead.

"Are you scared?" He asks but she shakes her head. He pull the ready switch back but she doesn't even flinch.

"What about now?" She shakes her head obviously amused.

"You don't realize that I would be glad to die. I'm not scared. I'm really not. So if you want to kill an innocent girl than go ahead." She leans into the barrel and smiles.

"Do it." She dares but they all look confused. He takes the gun off of her head and points it towards me. Her expression changes as she bows her head.

"How old are you?" He asks again.

"Seventeen." She answers quietly and I sigh.

"Good girl.." He smiles as she looks at me. Her eyes say so many things. Anger, Sadness, Forgiveness, Worry..

"You do realize that this is pathetic right?" She asks as she breaks her stare from me.

"Excuse me?" The Soc asks.

"You have everything to lose. You have parents, money, school, friends, dignity.. You know what I have? I have a drunk for a mom, I have a drug addict dad, A paranoid sister and my thoughts. That's it. So if you kill me less people will miss me. So you putting yourself in this situation where you make people beg you for their life when you could be doing so much more is pathetic but I'm willing to be apart of this disgusting charade. Kill me and ruin your future." She's playing with their minds and I can see it's working. He wraps his hand around her throat.

"I won't kill you. I'll let you live this terrible life that you decided on but that doesn't mean I'm not going to leave a scar." He takes out a switch and drags it from her cheek to her mouth as he still closes off her airway. She doesn't make a sound and I can't tell if it's because she can't or she's too stubborn. He releases her and she gasps for air. They leave but as they leave they all kick her side, making it harder for her to breathe. I run over to her.

"Pop." She smiles as I pick her up.

"Don't worry we're going to get you to the hospital." I promise her.

"No. You're not going to make it in time. Don't waste you time." She tells me as I try to flag down a cop.

"No you're going to make it." She starts to cry at the words.

"I don't want to make it. I want to die. I want to die." She cries. A cop finally pulls over as she cries in my arms.

"We need to get to the hospital fast." I tell him.

"Let me see her." I tilt my arms so that he can see her face and he makes a sad face.

"Yeah get in, kid." I jump in the back with her still in my arms.

"I want to die. I want to die." She whispers as we drive to the hospital. She starts to scream again which makes it harder for her situation because she can barely breathe without her screaming and as a result.. she passed out as we step into the hospital. The nurses quickly wheel her away from me and I start to feel terrible because she's dying and I barely have a scratch on me. So I did what Noel would do.. I screamed.