Sodapop

Sodapop's P.O.V

-the next morning-

I wait for Darry to get home from Two-Bit's house and I know I'm getting ripped a new one. It's so quiet in the house without so many people in the house. I start thinking about how in a span of a couple months we will have three more people in the house. Darry comes in the door and he looks like he's been through the ringer all night.

"How was your night?" I ask as he walks into the kitchen with Blair right behind him.

"It was pretty terrible how was yours?" Blair says sarcastically as she sits down.

"How was yours, kid brother?" Darry asks, obviously irritated by something.

"What's up?" I ask and I notice him tense up.

"Didn't I warn you to be careful with your girls?" He asks.

"This isn't about you. It's about me and Noel." I tell him.

"I'm apart of it too.. Noel is my sister." Blair pipes up but we don't really acknowledge her.

"You're supposed to be there for her. You're the only reason why she moved out." He snaps and I shake my head.

"You don't know anything about me and Noel." I say and he laughs.

"Really because if it weren't for you maybe she wouldn't be regretting her pregnancy!" Darry raises his voice and Blair starts to shrink.

"She doesn't regret her pregnancy." I retort.

"Yes she does. She cried every night before she went missing." Blair says.

"Shut up! You don't know anything!" I yell as I push her back in her chair and she collapses to the ground. She lands on her back and the chair falls on her leg. Darry slaps me before she can even hit the ground.

"Don't you yell at her! She's just a kid!" He yells.

"Really because I don't see you being father of the year either?!" I yell back.

"Stop yelling! Stop it!" Blair yells as she stands up.

"I'm not going to listen to more yelling! I'm already used to it!" She screams as she cowers behind Darry. Darry glares at me as I realize the situation.

"Maybe it's not such a bad thing that Noel decided to raise the baby on her own." He says quietly as I run down the hallway and to my room. Maybe i'm not cut out to be a father..