17."Protecting What I Love"

Chanyeol leaves his car in a hurry and runs inside the building.

It's late at night. The company's lights are still on, since a few workers are still inside.

He rushes to the elevator and pushes the button.

He has been looking for Ji Young. He went to her house but no one answered. He thought that the only other place she could be at this hour is her office.

Only a few workers have stayed in their offices until this late hour, so the place is basically empty.

He arrives at the office and knocks once on the door "Clumsy girl? Are you in there?" But there's no response.

"Ji Young?" He knocks again, this time louder and placing his ear on the door to listen but again there's no answer.

Concern is easily spotted in his big eyes. He steps back and stares at the door. 'Is it locked?'

He decides to try 'It's open'

He bursts into the room, his eyes immidiately widen in shock as they fall on her "Ji Young!".

He falls on his knees and shakes her shoulders, she seems unconscious "Ji Young! What happened to you?" He shouts in panic.

He takes a look at the place. He spots a bottle of wine next to her and grabs it. It's empty.

He looks the other way to find her heels and bag laying on the floor.

His mind is about to explode. He was still trying to proceed everything when he hears her cough and instantly focuses his attention to her "Ji Young! Are you okay?" He asks her, concerned and helps her sit up.

She narrows her eyes at him and grins "Ahh! Chanyeol-ah it's you"

"What happened to you?" His hands are shaking while being grabbed on her since she can't balance herself.

She drunkenly smiles to him "What do you mean? I feel great now!" She searches for something "Here" she grabs the empty bottle "Have some too! Oh.." She frowns and shakes it "Oops, I drank it all, heh"

"Ji Young!" He shouts, his voice trembling "Come to your sense!" He shakes her once again and she pouts "Ah you're always so loud"

He looks at the bottle and back to her. He's slowly understanding what's going on "Are you drunk?"

Ji Young raises her hands in the air "What do you think?"

"Why did you do this?" His grab on her tightens unintentionally.

"Let go" she mumbles and tries to push his hands away but she's powerless and totally wasted.

Chanyeol curses through clenched teeth. This situation is just too much for him "Get up" he stands on his feet and pulls her up by her hands but she doesn't move "Noo" she complains in a whiny tone before letting out a small hiccup.

He looks up in disbelief "I leave you alone for one day and you get drunk"

"Ya! I'm not d-drunk. I j-Just had a few sips that's a-all" she manages to say through her hiccups.

Chanyeol sighs. He's trying to figure out what to do next.

He crouches down and grabs the bottle. He throws it in the trash can and then he picks up her heels and bag from the floor.

His dark eyes then lower to her "C'mon Ji Young, get up" he orders but she keeps her eyes closed.

He lets out a 'tsk' before wraping his one arm around her waist and lifting her up.