70."Christmas Day"

Christmas Day.

Ji Young wraps the woolen scarf that's she's wearing even tighter around her neck as she rushes down the busy street, quick but careful steps not to slip on the iced pavement.

It's a white day. Snowflakes are falling softly from the bright sky, covering every corner of Seoul in a blinding white. People are out, buying last minute presents. Sparkly lights are decorating the windows of the stores, just like the smiles on everyone's face.

Freezing, Ji Young feels relieved to finally arrive at her destination. She hurriedly enters the small gift shop, the warm atmosphere spreads a welcoming feeling across her cold body.

With the help of one of the employees she buys a simple Merry Christmas greeting card and quickly returns to her car.

After a short drive she arrives outside the bothersome building. She only comes here once a year - on this day - still she doesn't like the negative vibe of this place.

Ji Young writes a few words on the card and leaves the car.

She walks inside. She was heading towards the reception center when she suddenly hesitated. Unsure thoughts start spinning around her head 'I don't even know if he's still here. If he's still alive'

'It doesn't matter. Let's just get done with this and leave this awful place' she mentally orders herself and regains her courage.

"Annyeonghaseyo, how can I help you?" The male receptionist greets her as he notices her approach.

Ji Young, always kind and thoughtful, she gives him a smile "De annyeonghaseyo. I'm here to deliver something" before he could ask her for proof, she has already left the necessary papers and documents on the desk.

"Are you sure that the person you're looking for is still here?" The man asks her without taking his eyes off the papers.

Ji Young gulps dryly, her numb fingers keep playing nervously with each other "No... not really"

The man then gestures for her to wait and leaves. While waiting alone in the empty room, Ji Young suddenly misses Chanyeol's protective and tall figure beside her. She wishes he was there to hold her hand, tell her to be strong and that soon she would be able to leave this place.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the man's loud footsteps that echoed through the silent walls "Miss Kim, is this the man you're looking for?"

Ji Young can hardly hide her shock. Many years have past since the last time she saw this face. His face. She still remembers the hateful and mad expression on his wasted face as the policemen were dragging him to the car while he was handcuffed, the way he looked back and glared at her mother as she and Ji Young were standing under their house's entrance, watching him getting taken away.

The clear image of his drunk figure returns lively inside her mind. Creased shirt, messy hair and a bottle of alcohol on his right hand. Deep dark eyebags under his red eyes, his face not having been shaved for weeks. She can still remember the harsh scent of drink in his breath as he ordered her to leave him alone.

He never really was a father to her. She can't recall any memory of him as a caring father, all She can think of him as is an alcoholic man that beated his wife.

"Miss. Miss Kim are you feeling okay?" The officer snaps her out of the painful memories "Do you not recognize this man?"

"No, I do" she eventually answers in a cracked voice, her tensed shoulders and unhappy expression making her disturb obvious to anyone "That's my father"