28."Lucky"

T w o  w e e k s  l a t e r

"EXO's comeback is in two months from now" Ji Young explains to Chanyeol, quickly checking her notes "Until then you will be finished with the current drama filming and there are also some guest appearances on tv shows scheduled together with two magazine photoshoots, one Lotte Duty Free advertisement and one more for a fashion line"

The whole time Chanyeol stays quiet, listening to his schedule while having a tired expression on his face.

He thought she was finished but she suddenly remembers of something "Oh! right" Ji Young raises her finger "You also have to attend an event in China"

His jaw drops "Is there anything else?!" 'This is really crazy'

"Hmm" she immidiately scans all of the notes and papers that are in front of her to make sure "No, that's all"

"Jesus" Chanyeol winces and lifts his head, staring at the white office's ceiling.

Ji Young takes a quick look at him as she organizes the files "I know it sounds a lot but you need to focus since you will also start practicing for the comeback soon" she stands up and puts some folders in the large bookcase "This means you'll be spending more time inside SM so you'll have to organize your time wisely since there's no time to waste"

When's she's finished she lets out a heavy sigh and frowns. She suddenly realizes the long silence coming from Chanyeol "Chanyeol, did you hear me?"

She's starting to believe that he has has fallen asleep but she turns around to find him staring at the ceiling and being laid in his seat "Chanyeol-"

"I heard you Ji Young! okay?" His sudden outburst takes her aback, causing her to make a few steps backwards and hit her back to the bookcase.

"Ah!" A few folders fall on the floor and she feels a small pain in her back.

Chanyeol immidiately jumps on his feet and rushes to her, wide eyed "Ji Young! Are you okay?"

She fakes a smile while rubbing her back with her hand "Yeah, I'm okay don't worry"

After that she falls on her knees and starts collecting the folders in her hug.

Chanyeol mentally sighs 'I'm such a jerk'

"Ji Young, I'm sorry" he quickly apologizes, also falling on his knees and helping her to clean up the mess.

Ji Young shakes her head "Don't apologize. You didn't do anything wrong"

He helps her stand up and hands her some folders as she places them back to their place "I shouldn't be burting my stress on you. I'm being a jerk"

Ji Young immidiately turns around and pushes her finger against his lips "Shh! How many times have I told you not to swear?" She pulls her hand back and crosses her arms "Anyways, it's natural for an idol like you to feel stressed once in a while"

Chanyeol simply shakes his head before collapsing in his seat again "Well, I think it's time for you to know something about me too"

Ji Young tilts her head in confusion.

Chanyeol looks away "It doesn't happen often but there were a few times that anxiety took over me and I couldn't think straight" he bites his lower lip, he feels embarrassed "one time, I was so stressed and I couldn't control it so I ended up having a panic attack in the backstage before a performance"

Ji Young can see his lips trembling, she can feel her heart break into a million pieces. 'Why does my heart hurt so much to see you sad?'

He looks down to his hands, his feet nervously tapping on the floor "An other time I was so tired and stressed but I didn't want to upset the other members so I just spend two hours in my car crying at night"

She can't take her eyes off him, she really feels like she should protect him somehow. 'I feel so bad...'

Chanyeol lowers his black cap to hide his glassy eyes "An other time I-"

"Chanyeol" Ji Young rushes to him and gently places her hands on his shoulder "That's enough"

He keeps his head low, playing nervously with his fingers "I'm weak Ji Young. Sometimes I even think of quiting every-"

"Chanyeol!" She quickly grabs both of his hands to make him stop "Look at me"

But there's no response as he still keeps his lead lowered, biting his lips.

"Chanyeolie, I said look at me" she sweetly speaks, her calmful voice warming up the knot in his chest, but still no change.

She then softly touches his chin with her hand to lift his face, their eyes finally meet.

Her concern from seeing his watery eyes is easily spotted on her face and so Chanyeol makes a move to turn away.

'What should I do? It's the first time to see him like this what should I do my heart can't take it'

"Chanyeol..." she whispers his name as she falls on her knees, her one hand holding onto his on his knee while the other one gets placed on his cheek.

Her touch surprises him and he can't help but look at her.

She gives him a reassuring smile and slowly lifts his cap and takes it off, 'I didn't misunderstand, he's actually like this'

He was about to stop her since this cap is his way of hiding his torn expression but he eventually doesn't. He just stays quiet, his eyes being locked with hers.

Her hand then starts caressing his black, wavy hair and her warm smile helps him relax "You always show a touch, strong manner, but you know what?"

His silence is the answer to her "You're human too. It's okay to show your emotions and to cry once in a while"

Chanyeol instinctly tightens squeezes her hand. He feels thankful for her being by his side at moments like this 'Do I even deserve you?'

She gives him a smile as she gently keeps running her fingers through his hair.

"I'm not saying you should be a cry baby" she teases him and playfully pinches the bridge of his nose, making him laugh.

Ji Young slowly stands up, holding onto his hand one last time "When and if you ever get in a situation like this again, just call me and I'll be there, you understand?"

He slightly nods before she lets go of his hand and go back to organizing the folders.

She decides to lighten up the heavy mood and comes up with a random subject to talk about "On our way here I noticed a new taco place has opened a few blocks away. If you want we can later go-"

Her words were cut off as she feels a presence right behind her and a pair of warm hands getting wrapped around her waist.

She stays frozen at the spot, her legs feeling weak at the touch of his.

Chanyeol gently rests his chin on her shoulder "Thank you, Ji Young. I'm so lucky to have you" his hot breath softly caresses her cheek.

Ji Young blinks twice, still being in shock.

Her hands then automatically fall on his as they are wrapped around her. She heaves a sigh of desperation 'I'm the lucky one'

~~
Yeolie was so cute in the chapter

You like the new cover? I'm actually proud of it haha

Next chapter jealousy will hit Chanyeol once again.

☆Vote,vote,vote☆

{COMMENT•VOTE•FOLLOW}