71."Magical Night"

5 days left

New Year has come. New opportunities, change of life.

It's the first day of the new year, the night before EXO attended 'KBS Gayo Daechukje' (end of the year music celebration) where all kpop groups gathered together on the same stage to say goodbye to the old year and welcome a new and more blooming one together with their fans.

EXO members, all nine of them, had an amazing night, meeting with other artists and making new friends. Some of them also had the chance to reunite with old friends and share their experiences as idols.

Overall it was a great night, which Chanyeol of course couldn't spend without his first love.

All groups were on stage, the countdown for the end of this year started.

"10!"

EXO had made sure to be at the back, close to the backstage. They didn't care much about screen-time, since all members wanted to be as close as possible to the backstage.

"9!"

Because she was there.

"8!"

Chanyeol quickly moves at the very back, the members laughing at his clumsy steps.

"7!"

Everyone, both artists and fans, keep loudly counting backwards. All hearts are racing in anticipation of the new fresh start.

"6!"

Chanyeol looks at the back, searching for her "Jagiya!"

A bright smile appears on his face.

She shows up right in front of him, keeping a safe distance from the stage since she couldn't risk being seen.

"5!"

They both exchange loving smiles, she's also all dressed up and he can't help but admire her alluring beauty.

Chanyeol didn't care much about getting caught, let alone everyone was distracted, counting and excitingly interacting with friends.

"4!"

With out giving it much thought, he reaches out his hand for her to hold.

Ji Young's happy smile slowly faints away as she stares at him in awe and confusion.

"3!"

"C'mon jagi!" Chanyeol shouts in excitment and further stretches his open hand to her, making sure not to leave the colorful spotlights of the stage.

But Ji Young only shakes her head in a response and makes a few steps back, still hiding in the darkness.
'We can't. It's too risky'

"2!"

Every number was getting louder and every heartbeat was getting faster as the end of the countdown approached.

Chanyeol pulled his hand back and the two locked eyes. He understood her hesitation and realized he should also stay there, on stage and under the lights.

She gave him a sad smile.

It was then when they both realized just how much the worlds they came from differed. One belonged to the flashy world of fame, while the other belonged to the simple and normal world.

She watched him turn around. She also turned around, lowering her head to her heels and fixing her pretty dress.
'That's right, that's where he belongs Ji Young, and you belong here...'