36."Protection"

"Ji Young-ssi" Chanyeol calls her name, playing a game on his phone.

Ji Young keeps her eyes on the papers in front of her "Hm"

He puts his phone away, shifting in his seat "I have something to ask"

"If you're going to ask me to cook for you again then-"

"It's not like that" Chanyeol chuckles, "You know that today was the filming of the last episode right?"

"Yeah" she simply nods, doing some paperwork.

Chanyeol leans forward on the desk "And you remember that the director's going to treat us dinner today right?"

She rolls her eyes "Yeah yeah I know"

"He said we can bring someone with us and I was wondering... I mean..." Chanyeol suddenly stammers 'Just say it you idiot it's not that hard!'

That's when Ji Young lifts her eyes off of the papers, glancing at him 'What is he trying to say?'

Chanyeol intertwines his fingers, shyly licking his lips "Would you like to come with me?"

"What?" Ji Young's shoulders tense.

His eyes widen, immidiatetly regreting his offer "If you don't want to it's okay"

She shakes her hands "No, it's not that, I just...um"

Chanyeol lowers his head, staring at his nervous hands 'Right. I was expecting that'

She observes him, biting her lips 'Ah what should I say? What should I do? I really want to go with him but won't it look weird?'

Before she can think about it further more the words jump out of her mouth "Yes!"

His eyes fall on her, his face lighting up "Really?"

"Yes. I would love that" she nods and gives him a smile, more relaxed and confident now.

He smiles back, his signature pearly smile giving her butterflies "Good. I'll pick you up at seven"

She nods and looks at the files again, blushed cheeks getting hidden behind the papers.

[...]

"Ji Young! Hurry up!" A few impatient knocks are heard on the door.

She hurriedly wears her earings, standing in front of the bedroom's mirror "I'm coming!"

Once she's finished she rushes to the door and opens.

"What's taking you so long I've been waiting for-" Chanyeol's words get cut off as soon as he sees her. His eyes scan her from head to toe, his mad expression replaced by a soft, slightly surprised one.

She grimaces, lowering her head "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you wait"

She then lifts her eyes at him, he looks frozen, his eyes piercing holes in her "Are you...okay?"

Chanyeol, unable to take his gaze off her, his mouth falls open "You look, different"

She frowns and hits him on the chest "And I thought you would say something nice for once!"

He winces and makes a few steps back "I mean you look beautiful you idiot" he flicks her forehead with his fingers, his previous mad look is back.

She covers her head and he walks away "Now hurry up we're late!"

"Yes!" She hides her happy smile and runs after him.

[...]

They had a great time at the dinner table.