42."We Are One"

Chanyeol opens her door and offers his hand "C'mon, get out"

Ji Young unfastens her seatbelt and gets out, ignoring his reached out hand "I can do it myself"

He watches her walk inside the building and sighs "Always the same tough Kim Ji Young. Tsk" He grabs her bag before locking the car and following her.

They arrive at her apartment and she unlocks the door, the familiar, pleasant scent of home welcoming her.

She turns around and grabs her bag out of his hands, placing it down.

"I have to go now" Chanyeol says, standing under the doorframe, playing with the car keys in his hand.

Ji Young glares at him "You better do. You pervert" She slightly lifts her hands to cover her chest, whispers the last words but their still audible to him.

Chanyeol rolls his eyes away "A thank you would be just enough"

She simply shakes her head in disbelief "Anyways. Go, you'll be late"

She was about to close the door but his hand slaps it open.

She boringly lifts her eyes at him, 'He always has something to say' "What now"

"I'll come over once I'm finished. Will you be okay?" Chanyeol's serious expression surprises her.

"Stop worrying so much. It's not like I'm going to die or something" Ji Young scoffs but he doesn't move his hand, strong grab on the door and sharp gaze reading her features.

"Just call me if you need anything" he finally lets go and steps backwards "Anything"

"Alright I get it. Now go!" She waves him off and watches him leave before getting inside.

[...]

Chanyeol rushes inside the SM Entertainment building.

He bursts inside EXO's manager's office where everyone is gathered "Am I late?"

Everyone turns to him as he walks further into the room and sits next to Baekhyun "No, you're just on time"

Chanyeol lifts his eyes to their manager, their good friend. He can sense something's off.

He tries to catch his breath, he was running "Hyung, what's wrong?"

The manager and the boys exchange serious looks. He finally stands up and shows him his phone "I think you should see this"

Chanyeol holds the phone in his hands, confused. He doesn't understand what's happening until he reads the articles.

His brows furrow "EXO's member Park Chanyeol to possibly have left the group》 ?" He scrolls down to find more articles like this "EXO Chanyeol was mysteriously missing from yesterday's EXO's appearance on Weekly Idol. Is he having problems with the agency?》 ?" He even reads a few comments that the fans left.

《Where is Chanyeol Oppa?!》
That's so unlike him, why didn't he appear on the show?》
《Chanyeol Oppa I miss you!》

He lifts his head "What's all these?"

Suho takes a look at the manager before turning to Chanyeol "Since you didn't appear on the show with us yesterday, people are already starting rumors about your absence"

"I spoke to the director and the MCs of the show and they said they understand but I don't think they'll call us again" the manager explains.

Chanyeol lowers his head, guilty 'Because of me everyone's now struggling'