41."Safe"

Chanyeol has been sitting in the waiting room for more than two hours.

Leaning forward, his elbows resting on his knees and his head lowered in his hands. 'Please be well. Please, or else I will blame myself for my whole life'

He suddenly hears footsteps and immediately lifts his eyes to see the doctor approaching him "Mr Park?"

He jumps on his feet, dumbfounded  "Yes"

The doctor checks some files in his hands, fixing the glasses that rest on his nose "Are you a family member of Miss' Kim?"

Chanyeol hesitates for a bit, bringing a hand up to scratch the back on his neck "I'm her only family. I'm her friend. Tell me how is she?"

The doctor closes his folder and eyes the worried young man "As you know Miss Kim was involved in a car accident this morning. Thankfully, she didn't suffer any critical injures"

Chanyeol lets out a heavy, deep breath that he has been holding in the whole time, almost entirely relieved but the doctor keeps talking "But she did brake her neck spine and right arm"

Worry is back on Chanyeol's facial expression, shoulders tensing and eyes widening "Is it bad?"

The doctor shakes his head "Don't worry. We've taken care of everything, she'll be able to use them again soon"

"Can I see her now?" Chanyeol quickly asks, barely hearing what his last words were, in a rush.

The doctor nods and shows him the way to her room.

He carefully enters and quietly closes the door behind him.

She's laid in the bed, her hand is warped up in bandage and she's wearing a cervical collar while she is attached to the IV bag through a tubing line.

Chanyeol cletches his fists, he can feel his heart cracking upon the sight of her being like this, fragile and weak, inside a hospital room. He feels like he has failed to keep his promise to her and her mother.

He slowly walks to her and she opens her eyes, noticing his presence "Chan...yeol?"

He sits at the edge of the bed and holds onto her free hand, smiling softly "I'm here now. Everything's going to be okay"

"Help me sit up" She says and so he does, fixing the pillow behind her back.

Ji Young winces.

"Are you in pain?" He worryingly asks, wished he didn't sound so desperate. His eyes focuse on the deep scratch that's resting on the side of her face, right above her brow 'Gosh I hate seeing you like this'

She slightly shakes her head "I'm so sorry"

He frowns, confused "Why are you apologizing?"

She bites her lips, guilty "It was so selfish of me to call you here. I know that today was a special day for EXO"

His hold on her hand tightens, his thumb tenderly rubbing against her skin "Don't worry about that. I talked to the members and the manager before coming here. They'll take care of it"

"But still, I shouldn't have bothered you"

Chanyeol was about to speak but he stops as she keeps talking "I was just so scared that I might also die, just like what happened to my mother. While I was still conscious in the ambulance I gave them your number and asked them to call you. I'm sorry I didn't want to upset you, it was so selfish of me to disturb you while you were so busy but-"