Snakebit

Jay's POV

I was getting my beauty rest until Sensei came in hitting a gong.

Sensei: Evil doesn't sleep, and neither should you.

We were grunting and groaning, wanting more sleep. I turned away from the noise and pulling the blankets closer to me.

Sensei: In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity.

Sensei hits the gong several more times until Kai gave up.

Kai: Okay, okay, we're up. But if you want us to reach our full potential, shouldn't we get at least a full night of rest?

Cole: Unh, you call that rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress.

Me: We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, I guess we lost track of time.

I walked toward the sink and picked up my toothbrush, looking at myself in the mirror. I turn on the facet without knowing that instead of water, dirt was coming out. 

Me: Since the Serpentine burned down the monastery, I'm just glad to have a roof over our heads----Ack!

I spit out the dirt. 

Zane: What is our lesson today, Sensei? Mastering the strike of the scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of a-----

Zane falls through the floor, coughing and grunting as dust surrounded him. We walked over to him.

Sensei: I think today's lesson will be chores.

All: Chores?

Cole: Ninja fight, Sensei. They do not clean.

Sensei: In order to respect ourselves,  we must respect our new home and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters. I expect things to be spotless when I return. And put your backs into it.

Sensei hits the gong once more then leaves.

Kai: Ah, this place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up.

Me: Unless we put more than our backs into it, huh?

I wink.

Cole uses his Spinjitsu to clear out the room full of junk and started a garage sale outside. Zane froze the entire room to get rid of the spider webs as Kai heated it up, making it spotless. I used my lightning to power up the generator. We all pulled the rope outside to open the sails then I used my Spinjitsu to clean the floor.

Timeskip

We were finished with our chores and we wanted to play video games. So we did. By the time, Sensei returned with Nya. 

Kai: What took you so long?

Nya: Wow! This place looks amazing. You guys did all this?

Cole: Ninja don't just fight, Nya. We clean.

Sensei: Oh. You have exceeded my expectations, but can you keep it up?

Nya walked toward the window.

Nya: It looks like we're about to have some visitors. And loud ones at that.

I turned my head towards Nya. I knew that it was my parents from the very moment Nya said 'loud'. Why did they have to come? I talked to them two days ago! I don't want them embarrassing me in front of everyone, especially Nya.

Me: Oh, it's my parents. Please, if they start yapping just don't get them going? They don't know when to quit. If you start talking, then they'll start, and suddenly half the day is gone---