The Surge

(A/N)

Sorry, it took so long to update. It's already been a busy year. I just hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd POV

Kai: The ultimate battle. The battle that would end all battles. It feels like ages ago. After the Golden and Yellow Ninja defeated the Overlord, much of Ninjago City was in ruin. It was a time to reflect on our past, and build for our future. Ninjago City soon became New Ninjago City. And it became the center of great technological advancements. But without an enemy to fight, the Age of the Ninja came to an end.

The video went to Jay with a camera sneaking in the bathroom as Kai was taking a shower.

Kai [In video]: Hey! How about a little privacy, you---?

The kids started laughing in the classroom as Kai tried stopping the video. 

Kai: Whoa! This isn't supposed to be here. Lights, please. 

One of the disks fell to the ground, making Kai groan in frustration. 

Kai: Seriously?

A kid wearing a white hat walked into the classroom.

Kid: Come quick! Mr. Zane's on the fritz!

Zane was on top of his desk while the students watched up front, laughing. Cole and Kai came into the room.

Cole: What's going on here?

Marla: Brad got an ultra remote from New Ninjago City and it's controlling Mr. Zane. 

Cole grabbed the remote out of Brad's hands. 

Cole: How do you turn this thing off?

Zane: Hurry up, Cole! My liquid spirit level is making me less level. 

Cole smashed the remote on the desk, stopping Zane's fritz. The students groaned in disappointment. 

Brad: Mr. Cole is the worst.

Cole: I heard that!

The bell rung and all the students ran outside for recess. 

Cole and Zane sat down on the ground, leaning on the desk.

Cole: Ah, recess. My favorite time. 

Jay was in the teacher's lounge, opening the refrigerator with a spoon in his hand. His smile was wiped away from his face, replaced with a frown.

Jay: All right! Who took my pudding cup? My name was clearly written on it. 

Cole was munching on it as Jay glared at him.

Cole: I didn't see "motor mouth" on it. 

Cole threw the cup away as Jay placed his hand on his hips, giving Cole a disapproving look. 

Jay: I'm telling the headmaster. 

Sensei Wu: Leave me out of it. I'm on break too.

Kai: Relax, Jay, you can have mine. 

Kai grabbed his from his bag and tossed it to him and Jay caught it.

Jay: But this isn't cold. 

Zane pressed some buttons on his arm and made the cup cold, making Jay smile. 

Jay: Oh, give me. Mm. Is anyone else chapped that Lloyd and (Y/N) gets to be the Golden and Yellow Ninja, flying around accepting rewards while we're stuck here being teachers with no powers? Ah. I miss our elemental weapons.