Child's Play

(Y/N)'s POV

Recently, we had race din the Ninjaball Run to help Dareth to keep his dojo. He was very grateful and I was happy that we helped him. Even though, Lloyd and I were pushed out of the race. Nevertheless, we got our ship back, our home!

Lloyd and I were leaning against the railing, watching kids like us, playing together as we flew over Jamanakai village, where we first met.

Kai: (Y/N)! Lloyd!

We turned around facing Kai.

Kai: Concentrate!

Zane: Now that the Bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively, but two have to focus. One more time.

Lloyd: Ah, but we've been training all day. 

Cole: It's all to get ready for your battle against Lord Garmadon. Now in position.

Lloyd sighed as I glance at him worriedly. We got into the middle of the four with our back pressed against each other. Lloyd yawns. They get into their battle stance. Lloyd rolls his eyes.

Lloyd: Ah, whatever.

Kai attacks first, trying to kick Lloyd but he blocks him. Zane and Jay were next but we simply grabbed their ankles and through them back. I heard a Cole running behind us as we were about to turn, Cole managed to trip us. We fell face first. Lloyd looked up at the boys.

Lloyd: That was fun. Are we done?

Jay: Oh, come on. Lloyd, you're better at this. What's on your mind?

Lloyd stood up and offered his hand to me. I took it and he pulled me up before walking away.

Lloyd: The latest issue of Starfarer just came in at Doomsday Comics, and it's limited run so if I don't go out and get it, it's gonna sell out. Last they left off, intergalactic rogue Fritz Donnegan was surrounded by the imperial Sludge, and if I don't find out  if he gets out all right, I think I might have my own doomsday!

Kai: The fate of Ninjago rests on your's and (Y/N)'s shoulders. As the Green and Yellow Ninja, you have a giant responsibility to hold. I'm sorry but you don't have time for childish things. 

I frowned sadly, looking at my feet.

Lloyd: Other kids get to play and have fun. All I ever do is train.

I walked up behind Lloyd and laid my hand on his shoulder. He gave me a small smile.

Nya: Guys, there's been a break in at the Ninjago City Museum of History. And the security cameras picked up you-know-who.

I turned around to see Nya in front of the guys. The guys looked at each other.

Cole: Garmadon. 

Jay: We have to stop him before he uses the Mega-Weapon to start one of his diabolical plots!

Lloyd walked in front of me with a smile.

Lloyd: Um...

They faced him already knowing what he's going to ask. His smile became a frown and sighed. I frowned at the sight.

Lloyd: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I can't go, and it's safer if I stay here and train. 

They nodded in union.

Lloyd crossed his arms disappointingly as we watched them hop into their vehicles. Lloyd, Nya and I to see them off.

Kai: We'll meet up at the Bounty as soon as we're done.

Nya: We'll be waiting for your safe return.

They drove away into the desert . I sighed.

Lloyd: Ah. Too old for comic books and too young to fight. When are they going to make up their minds.