Tick Tock

3rd POV

The Bounty was in the middle of the ocean in daylight. The Ninja were by the railing looking downward waiting.

Kai: Ten minutes. He just broke his own record. The guy's inhuman. 

They lean over the edge waiting for Zane to come up from the water. Zane was sitting crisscross, meditating. When he opened his eyes, he saw a fish go by. He smiled and pet the fish. Then, started to swim to the surface. 

Zane gasp when he hit the surface, catching his breath.

Cole: Amazing!

Jay: We're not worthy.

Jay bowed. 

Zane: I broke the record?

Kai: You destroyed it. 

Jay: Okay, okay. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better. Just think about all we've accomplished. 

-Flashback-

Kai was running on burning hot coal for more than a mile. 

Jay balanced himself on the highest building in Ninjago during a lightning storm.

Cole was able to lift more than 300 pounds with dumbbells, Nya with a dumbbell, and Jay with a dumbbell and turkey.

-Flashback end-

Zane: The question should be raised. Perhaps we have reached our full potential? 

Mini Timeskip

Sensei was in his room, putting a sword away when the Ninja came in. 

Zane: Well, every morning I do five hundred push-ups. 

Kai: Five hundred? Ha, try a thousand. 

Jay: Ha, ha. I do a thousand and one. 

Cole: What is this, amateur hour? Sounds like my warm up. Sensei, what does true potential look like if ---

Zane: Our apologies, Sensei. We've interrupted you. 

Sensei sighed.

Sensei: I'm sorry if I've been distant lately. My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing. What can I help you with?

Cole: Sensei, what if we've done enough training? What if we've reached our true potential? What if we are ready? 

Sensei: Heh. You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each and everyone one of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your true potential. Only then will we have a fighting chance to stop the Serpentine from releasing the Great Devourer. 

Zane: There's more to the Great Devourer than you've led on, isn't there, Sensei? 

Sensei sighs.

Sensei: I too have obstacles within my own heart. There's a story I've never told you. 

-Flashback-

A little Sensei Wu was training with his brother, Garmadon. 

Sensei: Long ago, when I was a young boy, Garmadon and I were more than brothers. We were the best of friends. 

-Flashback interrupted-

Jay: Wait a minute. I know you two were brothers, but really? The King of Cruelty, the Doer of Destruction, the Captain of Chaos. And you two were friends?