The Curse of the Golden Master

3rd POV

Within the deserted streets of Ninjago, every technology just lay on the ground, piling up. No one was in sight, nor were there any traces of other life. It seems like it has been abandoned for years, an amazing wonder how society can crash. A sound of an aircraft echoed as it landed in the deserted streets. The Ninja filed out to see the aftermath, seeing its conditions.

Kai: What happened? 

Cole: No power. That's what happened.

Zane: Are we too late?

They wandered further into the street, unaware of a possible trap in front of them.  Kai stepped onto a wire, which knocked down a wall of vehicles in front of them. They all gasped as a crowd shouted, coming into their view.

Man: Outsiders must answer to the Postman!

They all yelled in agreement, looking to the side where the postman stood. It was silent for a moment as the postman pushed his hat up. He raised his wooden spoon and answered.

Postman: Return to sender!

The group shouted again, which confused the Ninja. Kai shrugged at their behavior at Jay. Amongst the group, Borg came from behind in his wheelchair. A couple of the crowd began to yawn.

Borg: Ah, you finally made it. Don't mind the savages. Since the power went out, everyone here has grown a bit bored. Their imagination knows no bounds.

Pixal and Nya decided to walk forward, which caught Borg's attention.

Borg: Pixal. Amazing! You're....powered.

Postman: You need to stay in character, Borg. This is no fun if we're not all committed.

The postman stood on the side, hitting his spoon against his other hand. Borg narrowed his eyes frustrated as he turned to look at him.

Borg: Oh, I'll show you committed if you don't all leave us at once. Now shoo!

The crowd grumbled, walking away. Borg brushed them off and faced the Ninja once more.

Borg: We have real problems to address.

Pixal walked up to Borg, giving him a closer look.

Borg: Pixal, what's powering you?

Pixal laid her hands on his shoulder, glancing at Zane with a smile.

Pixal: Zane gave me half of his heart.

Borg: Thank you, Zane. I am greatly indebted. Unfortunately, the hard drive was stolen with the digital imprint of the Overlord. You'll be unable to erase him with your Techno Blades until we find it.

Jay: Aw, don't worry, we already had a little run-in with the red-handed suspect. Or should I say white-handed. He left behind a white scale. Get this, he's Serpentine.

They walk over to a sewer as Cole lifts the lid.

Cole: Unh. Lucky for us, the last Serpentine were sealed within a tomb right under the city, so it's about time we pay them a little visit.

Borg: Approach with caution. I've also lost a few valuable prototypes. He may be armed and extremely dangerous. 

Jay: We know, and just for the record. when those prototypes are made available to the public, could you let me know? They're just the coolest gadgets.

They started going down into the sewer and Borg saw Pixal about to go too. He thought about going back to his office to play his part in the Overlord's defeat and she would help him greatly.