Darkness Shall Rise

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up in a hotel room. The light brightened the room, the drapes of the window was flowing due to the nice cool breeze that came in from the open window, the bird tweeting a song. I sat up and looked around. It was not the best hotel room but at least we had a roof over our head. I lifted up my left arm to see bandages on my arm but the others were off. My cuts were fully healed on the rest of my body except the deep one on my arm. I, then, see Lloyd laying his head on the side of the bed, asleep.

'Did he stay here to whole time?'

I smiled. I thought it was the best time to wake him up so I shook him by his shoulder.

Me: Lloyd, it's time to wake up.

Lloyd groaned.

Lloyd: Five more minutes...

I giggled but tried again.

Me: Please?

He opened his eyes with a yawn. He looked up at me and his face brightened in an instant.

Lloyd: Are you feeling better?

Me: Yeah. The majority of the cuts are healed and I feel better.

Lloyd: I am glad because that was a big fall during the whole ordeal with the Great Devourer. You could've been hurt even worse if it wasn't for the dragon shielding you.

Me: Yeah, I know.

Lloyd: I was very worried about you.

Me: Oh, Lloyd. I'll be careful next time.

Lloyd mumbled something that I couldn't catch. I just swept it under the rug though.

Me: Where are the others?

Lloyd: They're out helping fix some of the damage done by the Devourer. They told me to stay with you until they get back.

I nodded.

Me: Do you want to play chopsticks?

Lloyd: What's that?

Me: I'll show you. Come here.

I grabbed his hands and started to tell him the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai's POV

The guys and I were putting a pole to its place in front of a store.

Cole: Ah, finally. All fixed up and Serpentine free.

I tried to use my elemental powers to melt the metal together for it to stay in place but I struggle to let a single flame form.

Me: Argh! Aw, this is frustrating. Our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do Spinjitsu, but...

I tried again but nothing.

Me: Argh!

Zane used a blow torch to do the job.

Me: I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, (Y/N) is recovering, our dragon's are hurt, and now the Bounty is destroyed, we don't have a home. I don't want us living in a hotel.

Zane: No one ever said, being a hero is easy. Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways.

Me: Well, I don't feel rich.

Jay picked up a broken TV and carried it towards the trash can.

Jay: Unh! I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Ah, speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help.