Once Bitten, Twice Shy

(Y/N)'s POV

We were in the control room, learning more about the Serpentine, more specifically, the Fangpyres. Nya was showing us Fangpyres bones.

Nya: Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old. Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into a reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenin. If one was able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects. Resulting in...

I glanced around real quick, I was Kai slouching yet paying attention, Zane fully engaged, Cole drawing himself looking cool, and Jay was swooning over Nya. I smiled. I directed my attention back to Nya seeing her looking sick. I raised an eyebrow. 

Nya:...diminished, uh--Excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I am severely allergic to perfume. 

I smelt it coming from Jay. I saw him snap out of his trance and got nervous. I heard him whisper to Kai. 

Jay: You told me it was men's cologne. 

Kai: Eh, I get them mixed up. 

Everyone began to laugh but me. I gave them a "Are you serious" look. Zane high fived Kai and turned off his humor switch. Then, stood up. Cole followed his lead.

Cole: Ah, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades. 

Kai: Sounds like a plan. 

Zane: I'm excited to join. 

They walked out but Jay stopped and looked back at Nya. He walked up to her. I hide behind the door to see what was going to happen.

Jay: Uh, hey, Nya, I'm sorry. The reason I was--You know--I went to Kai because--Look, what I'm trying to say is--

Nya: I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine. Please, go fight snakes. 

Jay: No, no, no. I was trying to impress you. Before sensei left, he said our heart was the key to unlocking our true potential. 

Nya: Impress me? But I look so...

Jay: Fantastic.  Look, maybe, if you'll let me, I can take you to some big fancy restaurant. You don't have to, if you don't want to...

Nya: You mean like a date? 

Jay: Um, yeah? 

Nya: Sure! I'd love to. But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enter my bloodstream and I go into shock. See you tonight.

She saw me snooping and smirked.  I scratched the back of my neck nervously. 

Nya: Let's head to my room. 

Me: Okay.

Jay's POV

Me: Yes! Ha-ha! 

I was doing a victory dance. I just asked out the most beautiful girl in the world on a date. Who's the man!?

I was caught up in my excitement when suddenly, I pricked my hand on the Fangpyre's fang. 

Me: Ouch! Aah! Man.

I shrugged it off and began to walk to my room to get ready for my date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sensei's POV

I was in the realm of darkness as I was in front of my brother.

Lord Garmadon: Hello, brother. What took you so long? You brought the katana from our youth. Funny, you never had the courage to cross the temple wall, yet now you have the courage to come here.