Day of the Great Devourer

3rd POV

Nya takes Lloyd and (Y/N) out of harms way as the rest stay behind. The Great Devourer consumes Sensei and Pythor. 

Kai: Sensei.

Jay: No. 

The Ninja look at the Great Devourer with grief and terror. The Great Devourer diverts his attention to the Ninja.

Jay: Oh, maybe if we stand perfectly still...

Kai: Run!

They ran towards the Bounty as fast as they could while the Great Devourer is right behind them. Jay trips over a rock. He hears and see the Great Devourer roar.

Jay: Wait! Wait for me!

Jay immediately catches up with the others. 

Lloyd was staring at the windows while Nya and (Y/N) were starting it up.

Nya: Fire up the engines!

(Y/N): There's no wind. And we only have reserve fuel. 

Nya: Use it!

(Y/N) nods. Then, the Ninja ran inside. Jay lands in front of the screen.

Jay: Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they seem. 

Nya: Working on it. Blasters are full. 

Just as the Great Devourer was about to get them, the blaster activated and they zoomed through the sky. 

Kai: Woo-hoo! Take that, you stupid snake.

But the Great Devourer was still chasing at them at a significant speed. 

Jay: Uh, I think it heard you. 

The Great Devourer appeared in front of the ship and Nya had to make a sharp turn to the right. 

Kai: Nya, we gotta go faster. That thing is gaining on us. 

Nya: We're going as fast as we can. I'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon. 

Zane: Probability of us making it that far is less than 8 percent. 

Nya: Never tell me the odds! 

Cole: It's coming in for another attack. 

(Y/N): Port side!

Nya dodges the attack.

Lloyd: We're losing speed. We'll drop to the ground soon. 

Nya: Throw everything overboard. 

All: What?!

(Y/N): Nya's right. If we loose enough stuff, the faster we will go. 

Lloyd: Port side! 

The Great Devourer eats one of the boosters. The Ninja began to throw things overboard as Nya instructed. The Great Devourer ate everything they threw. 

Jay: Man, he sure is hungry. 

The power increased. And the Great Devourer grew slowly.

Jay: Does anyone else think the Devourer looks bigger than it did before? 

The Great Devourer's grew bigger by each bite. Cole took notice of this. 

Cole: The more it consumes, the bigger it gets! Don't throw anything else over board!

Kai just threw Sensei's tea pot into the beast's mouth before registering Cole's warning as the beast opened his mouth wide.

Nya: Phew. We made it to Scattered Canyon. Hold on!