The Last Hope

3rd POV

On the mountain, Lord Garmadon and the Overlord stood in front of the Celestial Clock as teh time counts down.

Overlord: The clock is only hours away from finishing its countdown to the final battle between good and evil, Garmadon. Why so sad?

Lord Garmadon: Me? Sad? Ha! Nonsense. I couldn't be happier. It's just...

Overlord: Lloyd. 

Lord Garmadon: I still have to battle my son and his friend in order to transform Ninjago into my image. 

Overlord: Battle and defeat, if evil is to prevail. 

Lord Garmadon looked at the clock and turned around, walking down the mountain back to camp. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai's POV

Me: Order up! Coconut cream pie. Served well done.

The coconut was launched and I used my elemental sword, shooting fire at it as it exploded. Jay groaned while the rest of us were laughing.

Zane: It is good to have our powers back. 

Jay: Yup, you're right. And since we've all been working on our witty quips to follow every cool thing we do, I'd say we've got this final battle in the bag. Or should I say....

Cole launched another coconut into the air while Jay took his weapon out. 

Jay: I'd be shocked if we lose. 

Jay electrocuted the coconut, laughing as it exploded.

Sensei: Enough!

We all stopped and looked up at Sensei.

Sensei: Are you trying to reveal our hidden location?

Jay put his sword away while I scratched the back of my neck.

Me: Sorry, Sensei. We were just practicing our cool new elemental blades.

Jay: And our witty quips. 

Sensei: Be wary of overconfidence, ninja. While it is true your powers can defeat the Stone Army, only Lloyd and (Y/N) has the power to defeat Garmadon. When it is over, then we will see who laughs last. 

All: Yes, Sensei. 

(Y/N)'s POV

I watched Zane's dad repairing the falcon beside Lloyd.

Zane's Dad: Every cog, every gear is important. If one piece is missing, or out of place, the invention wouldn't work. Come now, little one. Time to fly. 

The falcon flew into the air and I smiled.

Sensei: It is like you ninja. You each serve very important roles, and are key parts to a magnificent fighting force. 

Lloyd: If we're all gears, what if I'm the gear that doesn't work? What if I don't do my part. What if I can't defeat my father along side (Y/n)?

I looked at Lloyd worriedly and grabbed his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. He squeezed back in response.

Sensei: What if there are no more "What if's"? The final battle is almost upon us. When that time comes, we will know the answer to what if, whether we like it or not. 

Nya and Misako walk up to us.

Nya: Lloyd, I know that you don't want to face your father, but there isn't any other choice.