Four

A/N: I've never written a poem before so cringe if you must. *goes back into corner*
________________________________

Brown on the outside
Delicious on the inside
I crave you everyday
Like a drug I can't refrain.
You haunt me at night
Torture me at day,
I need you more than ever
But my mind says no forever.

You keep coming back and I hold you once again
For once I get a taste
I know I've failed again
Brown on the outside
Delicious on the inside
Like the fool I am,
I've done it once again.

A series of applaud sounded through the community center.

Molly Lumber smiled gratefully as she bowed then walked from the small stage situated in the center.

Elijah adjusted his glasses after closing the new selection of poetry books he bought earlier.

The twelve year old walked towards Elijah, uttering thanks to those who enjoyed her poem on the way.

She was tall for her age, short hair that had her resembling a cute boy if one didn't know she was a girl.

"You did good as always" Elijah complimented as Molly sat beside him on one of the few empty folded chairs.

"That doesn't take away the fact that I did it again" Molly slumped in the chair, the crumbled paper in her hand.

"I can see that" Elijah pulled a half eaten snicker from her pocket, dangling it in front of her to show her guilty pleasure.

"I can't stop" Molly admitted. "I'm a chocolate addict"

Elijah hid the half eaten snickers in his bag, deciding to throw it out later.

He remembered the first time he met her. Molly's mother hauled her into the community center to listen to a few of the fellow poets.

That continued for a few weeks until she walked through those very same doors her mother forced her through all on her own.

Elijah soon found out that Molly had a chocolate obsession which she talks about a lot in few of her poems; much like the one today.

Elijah thought it was just a kid who enjoy eating chocolate twice maybe three times a day.

Only later did he found out that she eats a total of twenty different chocolates during day minus the ones she hides and eat.

"No ones telling you to give up on chocolate molly" Elijah said. "Just eat it less frequently. At this rate you'll end up in a chocolate induce coma"

"Does such a thing even exist" Molly eyed him from the corner of her eye, raising a not too convinced brow.

"Continue eating and you'll find out"

Molly chuckled, sneaking a chocolate kiss in her mouth as Elijah turned to look at the other performer.

Elijah didn't always like poetry. A friend of his suggested he accompany her during poetry night.

He liked how each poem that was read held some truth hiding in away in the most beautiful way.

Much like how Molly voiced her chocolate obsession to a room full of listeners, half of who for sure thought she was talking about something else.

Elijah much like Molly found himself back here almost everyday.

"I'm hungry" Molly whispered, not wanting to disrupt the poet on stage.

"We'll go buy something after this" Elijah said, not taking his gaze from the young man on stage.

It made him wonder if Scott--as he recalled his name was-- would accept his offer to come.

Not many people found poetry to be fun; boring they would say. Elijah noticed something about Scott, something that made him knew poetry might just be for him.

Elijah didn't go around requesting for people to sit on the hard folded chair and listen to people tell the hidden truth.

But when he looked at the black haired boy with memorizing brown eyes and had a few wrinkles to the side that he found cute when he gave Elijah a small smile.

Elijah admittedly watched the two sided door, waiting to see if the infatuating man would walk through.

The night was already coming to and end and sadly to say, Elijah never got to see the handsome man as he hoped.

**

The greasy smell of burger and fries drowned Pops Diner, the famous spot for locals who wanted a good bite.

Molly and Elijah took a seat in the red leathered booth. Classic music playing from the old jute box in the corner.

Molly ordered there famous double cheese burgers, large fries and coke, not holding back since Elijah was the one paying. Elijah on the other hand settled for a strawberry milkshake.

The smell of beer and cigar in the far back of the booth was too familiar. If Elijah recalled it was Mikey and his gang of hooligans with nothing better to do, hogging their usual spot in the back.

Elijah didn't care one bit, as long as he could have a decent meal without any interruptions he'll ignore the glares he got from Mikey.

He didn't know what his deal was with him. Elijah didn't know him since he graduated a year ahead of him.

He's only known that the disastrous man was once a star baseball player.

"Delicious" Molly said as the waitress placed her large order before her not waiting to dive into the greasy goodness.

"Thank you" Elijah thanked the waitress who chew furiously on her gum.

The creamy pink goodness tastes like heaven when Elijah took a sip from his drink.

"I can die in peace" Elijah joked, licking his lips in satisfaction.

"Me too" Molly said through a mouth full of fries.

If Scott didn't like the idea of coming to the poetry group then Elijah would like to invite him to have a milkshake with him.

**

Elijah dropped Molly off, her mother thanking him for watching over her yet again. Not forgetting to ask if Molly had way too much chocolate today.

Elijah ruffled his hair as he closed the doors of his apartment. It was small and held the necessities he needed for his daily life

Elijah threw himself on his bed, looking out the window and gazing at the few stars that shun brightly.

Reaching for the drawer on his bedside table, he pulled out a small notebook.

There on the white pages are half finished poems, ones that he didn't feel attached to.

Poems that he never liked to the point of finishing it. He's been in a rut for quite sometime.

He attends poetry groups to try and feel the sensation he got the first time. He goes by with a simply I didn't write any new materials on Friday evenings.

Elijah took up his pen and pressed it against the paper. Nothing came out, no inspiration leaked from his mind onto his fingertips.

As he threw the book to the side as he does every other night, sighing as he didn't found any new inspiration during the day.

Just how long is he going to be in a rut.