Twenty - Two

To be in love, what does it truly mean to be in love. Scott always thought he knew the full extent of love but he didn't. There was no doubt he had loved persons before but with Elijah it was different. Everything was different. From the touches to the kisses and the loved fill words said to each other. They all made him overflow with emotions, made him yearn for Elijah every second they're apart.   

To think Scott would be able to love again, even to this extent. He chuckled to himself at the thought that Maddie pulling her invisible cupids arrow might've worked. It was foolish but there was no explanation as to why Scott felt undeniable in love with Elijah. Truthfully, he didn't need a reason. He loved Elijah and that's all he needed to know. He loved Elijah's smile, the way he wore his glasses, how cute he was when he got nervous around Scott and even the way he ate his ice cream-- eating around the edges and leaving the middle intact-- it was cute. Scott loved everything about Elijah, even the little things.

In the moment he wanted to feel his embrace. The way he held him in his arms yesterday. Promising Scott he would love and protect him. There was no reason for him not to believe Elijah. He was betrayed in the past before but what's love without risk? And he trusted Elijah and he loves him. Scott felt like a load had been lifted off his shoulders when he spoke of the incident for the first time. As if he wings were grown back, allowing him freedom and the will to love again. Like the words had hold back his ability to evolved into something more than himself. Elijah, he was grateful for him. With every gentle kiss and touch, wiping away his pain filled tears and assuring him. With every moment he spent with Elijah he healed his wounds and helped him find his broken pieces. 

Love does wonders. Scott was glad he came home. No, he was glad Elijah did give up years ago. To love someone for years on end, Scott had never experienced anything like that. Unrequited, just the thought made him ache at how he allowed Elijah to go through so many years of pain. Love is never easy, but it's those difficulties that makes it worth the while. Scott got up from his bed and headed for the door. As much as he would love to lounge on his bed and have endless conversations with Elijah. He had to be downstairs and he had to have an important conversation Maddie.

Mikey said if he needed answers he had to ask his younger sister. It was the first thing he attempted but that didn't end well. There was so much Scott didn't know. About Mikey, about his own sister he's known for years and he was still learning about Elijah. Scott thought about how he would talk with Maddie as he descended the stairs. They were all in the living room as usual. Gianna nested in David's arm and Maddie playing with Simon.

They all looked up at him when he entered the room after grabbing an apple from the kitchen. He sat beside Maddie, playing with Simon who stretched after his apple. As much as Maddie wanted to ignore her older brother there was so much she could actually do. They news was being watched and for once the were talking about something other than someone dying. That didn't make it all go away, it was still there. The evil force waiting for reckon.

"Whose that?" Scott asked, taking a bite of his apple and looking at the familiar news anchor. Its been pulling at him that he knew her but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"Hannah" his mother said. "That one girl who you stuck gum in her hair back in middle school"

Scott stared long and hard at her. How could he not recognize Hannah Sawyer? Her brown hair was much taller. She had cut it after Scott made a nasty mess of her hair with gum. Hannah had maintained that look throughout highschool. Scott thought it was because of her change in surname. She was no longer a Sawyer but Grayson. Her wedding ring in view.

Scott complimented how beautiful she had become. He wasn't going to lie when he thought that he hadn't expect for her to already be married. It made Scott wonder wonder about marriage. Was he up for it? If Elijah proposed to him would he say yes? Forget the question a together, he was moving to fast. They just started dating.