Twenty - Nine

Elijah nibbled on his thumb nervously, waiting for some kind of response, any respond. He thought any kind of response would do. Good or bad he'll take it as a starting point for what will happen next. The bad, he didn't want it so much. His life has been nothing but bad for the last week. Anymore and he might just cave in. Some good news was all he need. Something to make him feel a little more better with himself; about the situation. 

He was now drumming his fingers on his desk. Elijah was always patient. He believe that with patience you can achieve good results. In that very moment he was anything but patient. He was anxious, nervous and most of all impatient. He was waiting for some sort of sign. A knock on his door or even a phone call. His eyes travelled to his almost died phone. The battery was running low just like his patience, his energy. He hasn't had a good night sleep in so long. When he falls asleep he would see how things should be. And that was him being with Scott, living life like it was a fairytale. Then he would feel the tear fall from his eyes, opening them to feel the harsh winds of society. How was he suppose to sleep when Scott haunted his dreams like a beautiful nightmare. When he falls asleep to something so right then wake up to the way things are-- wrong.

Everything was wrong. He couldn't force the pieces of a puzzle in the wrong spot. What was Elijah to do when he couldn't find that missing piece? Scott was his missing piece. He thought he'd have him in a safe place. Elijah wasn't always right. That piece was slowly drifting away and he didn't realize until it was gone. How could something that was right in his hands, in his heart slip away with ease. Like water passing through the cracks in your finger. There will always be water before you but no matter how hard you try you can never really grab a hold of it for long. Elijah was going to try hard enough. He was blinded by his bundle of emotions to see that Scott hadn't really gone from him. He was always before Elijah, and no matter how many times he slips through his fingers he'll always be there to catch him again, to hold him again.

Elijah allowed his screen to illuminate. A picture of Scott and him was his wallpaper. It was one amongst many. They were both smiling, Scott snatching Elijah's glasses as he always does. Through the fond memories they shared there was still no recent calls or text. Not from Molly and not from Scott. His eyes darted to his notebook, his hand caressing the cover. To think he would be able to write and under such circumstances. He wished it could've been better where he was happy. Things don't always work in his favour.

His mind was now jumping from scenario to scenario. Molly should've called him or texted him by now. Had she not been able to give Scott the letter. Elijah didn't want to use Molly to get to Scott. With the way things are, Scott was avoiding him enough at it is. If Molly had the chance of giving him the letter will Scott even read it? Elijah had thought about and he didn't know what he would do if Scott didn't read the letter. Would it be a sign that he should now fully walk away. But he couldn't, he couldn't walk away from Scott.     

Elijah decided to get up from his desk. Sitting around waiting silently was only making him more on edge. He started pacing back and forth. His hand finding its way to his messy hair more times than he could count. Was Scott reading the letter at this very moment. Did he get the message? Elijah wanted to know the reason behind his sudden actions. Maybe then he could accept what Scott said was true no matter the pain it cost. He wanted Scott to know that he loves him.

Elijah was only torturing himself more. The last few weeks have made him into a masochist. The vibration of his phone against his desk made him whip his head around in a fast motion. He dashed towards it, not caring how his body was stretched across the room in an uncomfortable position. 

"Hello" he said the moment he pressed his phone against his ear.

Deep breaths sounded from the other end. He was about to say hello again when the voice spoke up, "Elijah?"