Eighteen

Elijah was having a crisis.

He got too ahead of himself, his excitement got the better of him. He thought that through all that excitement and eagerness he would've gotten everything done and ready. With all the daydreaming about how tonight would go, he forgot the most crucial thing.

It wasn't the pie that he placed all his effort with and included the most important ingredient. If it was Elijah would be curled up in bed, berating himself then going into the kitchen and baking it in what little time he had. His mind simply forgot he needed picnic blankets. Elijah searched every inch of his apartment and still couldn't find it. He remembered he lent it to Carly maybe a month or so ago. Elijah has been calling her all morning and still haven't got a reply. She was most likely wondering into dangerous territories again trying to find out what clover meant and who that suspicious guy was. 

Elijah has long since rid his mind of anything crazy, only focusing on Scott. If he hadn't by he might just be sporting dark circles under his eyes like Carly trying to satisfy his curiosity. He could always call Scott and ask if he could bring a blanket but Elijah was the planner of all this. Scott was going to relax and wait until it was time for Elijah to bring him to that special place.

He threw himself onto the bed, giving Carly one last phone call and leaving a message. Elijah's mind wondered to the pie in the kitchen, a slice could dispel all his stress but he resisted the urge to. That was baked specially for Scott and he should be the first to eat it. He realized how everything around him now reminded him of Scott. From the apple pie to his own bedroom, the night sky and a simple poem. Scott was becoming more than just someone in his life.

As he thought about him, Elijah remembered how he embarrassingly fell in front of Scott. It didn't bother him so much that it was on the sidewalk were numerous persons saw him but more so the fact that Scott was there. He was glad to be able to laugh it off but that didn't stop him from overflowing with embarrassment on the insides. In that moment as he watched Scott laughed so angelic. Elijah couldn't control himself and was about to kiss him right then and there. Something inside him told him that he wanted for it to be more special, he wanted to live in the moment without having to remind himself that he had to get up off the dirty pavement and go have ice cream. Elijah wanted a long lasting moment where he could cuddle in his arms afterwards. Just the two of them.

That's why Elijah was putting all his energy into tonight. Carly just happened to be a minor setback but that wasn't going to stop him. His phone began to ring beside him. Without looking at the caller ID thinking that the gods have answered his prayers that Carly would call him back.

"I've been calling you all day" Elijah said, ready to chew off Carly's head.

"You have?"

"Scott!" Elijah almost felt his heart leap from his chest. "I thought you were someone else. Did something happen?"

"No, I was wondering how we would get to where you were taking me"

"I was going to take my car and bring what we needed then use that bicycle of yours to go there" Elijah didn't forget that Scott had a thing with cars and he didn't mind going through the extra trouble.

"Ahh, Well you see..." Scott was hesitant, uncertain that he could follow through with his words. "You could just pick me up and we go together. In your car I mean"

"Are you sure?" Elijah asked, he didn't want to have Scott driving in his car when he knew something was bothering him. Elijah could even walk to the destination if it meant he could be with Scott. "You don't have to force yourself"

"I'm not" Scott said, his voice low enough for Elijah to hear. "Its a now or never situation"

"If anything happens I'm ditching the car right on spot" Elijah informed him.