Twenty - Four

Scott sat at his desk, notebook rested under his hand as his pen danced in rhythm on his cheek. The sudden downpour has come to an halt as the sun slowly peeked out from behind the clouds. The view looked amazing, the golden orb dancing behind grey clouds. Its rays glistening against the droplets of rain that settle on his window. Scott was inspired, and that inspiration was put to work. He'd never thought he would be able to put his pen to the work; write a poem. Everything was possible these days for Scott. Love was possible.

Its been four days since he started dating Elijah. Four short days but he felt like he's know him forever. Everything felt right when he was with Elijah. Scott has been elated these past few days but they were also cloud of sadness hovering over his head, not much longer before it rains. Its been three days-- seventy two hours since he's had a proper conversation with Maddie.

It was still hard to wrap his head around the fact that Mikey was Simon's father. His younger sister and his former best friend. Just how did that happen. Scott shook his head lightly, turning to look at his half finished poem. He was running low on inspiration. He closed the notebook, he could always go back to it later. Crossing his arms and resting his head against it, he closed his eyes. Each time he did, flickers of Elijah would flash through his mind. His smiling face that Scott loved to see. His light blue eyes that held so much love. Was it possible to love someone so much? 

Scott loved Elijah, he loved him so much but his love couldn't compare to the one Elijah has for him-- years of love. Did Scott even deserve such a thing? Elijah had spent all those years waiting for him. He was glad, but the pain Elijah must have been through; he could only imagine. All those years of trying to get his attention when Scott was blind to what was happening around him. His friends even noticed the love sick Elijah while him-- he was caught up in the flow of life.

What if he had met Elijah then-- he had the guts to talk to Scott? Would things have been better-- would they both have escaped the pain it bought? But it was that pain that bought them together. It bought them unbreakable happiness and love. He opened his eyes which settled on a photograph of him and Maddie when they were younger. They had taken a trip that summer, standing on the beach with a beach ball in hand and Maddie with seashells in her hand. Scott remembered after taken the picture he filled Maddie's hair with sand. She was mad at him, chased him around the beach then gave up when she couldn't succeed in getting revenge. Maddie started to pout, her eyes welling up with tears. The sight made Scott usher towards her and started brushing most of the sand from her hair. She of course then hit Scott with her small sand bucket, smiling in satisfaction behind the tears.

He hated Maddie being mad at him. And him sitting here not taking the effort to go over to her room and talk with her was making it worst. But what was he going to say? He hated how he sucked at things like this. Maddie was always the better one at such thing. Scott knew he would always be there for her, every step of the way. Even if his parents refuse to accept the fact that Mikey was the father of their grandchild. He knew his mother wasn't fond of the now Mikey and as for his father he didn't know what he thought. He could also share the same opinion as Gianna but that was only an assumption. However the situation turned out he would always be on Maddie's side.

A knock sounded on his door. Muttering a small 'come in' he raised himself from the desk. Stretching his limbs.

"Hey" Maddie announced, closing the door behind her.

"Umm...hey" Scott said, watching as Maddie took a seat on his unmade bed. He didn't expect for her to come to him. He was only just wondering how to approach the current situation between them.

"You should tidy this place up" Maddie patted a section of the bed, chuckling lightly. Scott knew that it was still bothering her. She was forced to say something she didn't want to.