Thirty - One

Scott didn't know when the noise downstairs had died down. Or when his room felt so empty. He's laid in that very room for half his life and never before has he felt so lonely. He closed his eyes to be met with darkness. One that scared him because for the first time he never saw the smiling face of Elijah like he always does. He saw nothing but a deep void. Sighing he got up from his bed. Scott decided on going to talk with Maddie about what had transpired. She didn't come barging into his room with tear filled eyes so that was a good sign. Bringing himself to the edge of the bed his hand brushed over an object that was hidden by the nearby pillow. Half covered and half out. Wanting to hide but wanting to be found. Scott picked it up, recalling the familiar object. It belonged to Elijah. One of the many handmade bracelets he wore.

He got them as gift from kids who stopped by at the arts and craft shop that was run by his mother. Elijah has been running it since she was gone. Scott had only stopped by once. And on that one occasion he ran into Hannah and her child. They conversed  for the longest time and Hannah did not forget the gum incident all those years back. The only good part was that she made it more of a joke. After finishing up on the item her son wanted to make for her husband upcoming birthday they left. Scott was then face with a sulking Elijah who didn't get enough attention from Scott.

Slipping the bracelet on his wrist Scott admired it. He was planning on keeping that one. Elijah won't mind at all. The bracelet was decorated with hearts, stars and a few dangling items. Scott after a few minutes exited his bedroom and went to Maddie next door. He knocked a few times, his free hand slipping the bracelet up and down his wrist. Knocking a few more times Maddie finally allowed him to enter.

"I was getting changed" She said, jumping onto her bed in her pyjama. Pulling her hair into a messy bun.

Scott walked over, sitting next to Maddie, "how'd it go?" he asked.

"Mom was pissed, like really pissed" She said. Scott was glad she didn't sound too upset another sign that made him thought things went okay. "More pissed that I didn't tell her"

"How about dad?"

"He was neutral. Unlike mom he actually gave me the chance to explain" Maddie said, falling back into her bed. "When I did she was calmed down a bit but was still flaming. When I mentioned Mikey's mom she turned all fluffy like she wasn't just angry with me a few minutes ago" Scott let out a chuckle. "She was only letting it go because she understood what it must feel like to not to be able to see her grandchild. As for Mikey she just said don't get too close"

"All works out" Scott said, looking up at the ceiling. Everything was going well. He wasn't worrying over Parker, he had Elijah. Maddie didn't have to keep who was Simon's father a secret anymore. Things were turning out okay-- more than okay.

"All thanks to you" Maddie said, hugging Scott and squeezing the life out of him.

"I didn't do much" Scott said, feeling his lungs being crushed. "This was all you"

"Yeah, without you I wouldn't have found that courage" Maddie informed him. Scott was grateful he was able to help his younger sister out. She's helped him so much that for once he was able to do the same.

"On with other things" Maddie said, she was usually happy. With a load lifted off her shoulders, how could she not be happy. "I saw Elijah leaving, did something happen"

"No, he's going to meet with Carly then come back. He's spending the night"

"Spending the night I see" Maddie said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Stop thinking perverted things" Scott replied, pushing her slightly to the side. Already blushing at the memories of what happened a few minutes ago.