Thirty - Two

Scott opened his eyes after feeling like he was wondering in the dark after so long. Through blurred eyes and not because he was crying which was the first thing he did when he opened them but because they felt like he hasn't opened them in a long while. They felt heavy. He was met with florescent lights and a white ceiling. Antiseptics filled his nostrils. Scott noticed how his body felt numb. Looking to the side he saw the heart monitor, and IV drop attached to his arm. Why was he in the hospital? What happened to Elijah?

On the bed next to him he saw an unfamiliar black haired woman asleep. Where was his parents? Maddie and Simon? Scott tried to rise from the bed but he couldn't. The woman started to shuffle and eventually woke up. Seeing Scott up and struggling to get up, she rushed over to him. Scott was met with a hand on his shoulders allowing him to lay back into the bed.

"Scott, You're--" the woman said with tear filled eyes. She seemed at a loss for words. "I'll go call the doctor" she quickly ran out the door, leaving Scott to wonder what was happening.

The doctor along with the black haired lady and two other people came rushing in. A grey haired man and a girl that was older than Scott. All looking surprised yet concerned at Scott. The doctor and a nurse proceeded to do minimal checks on Scott. The lady clasped her hands together, hoping that everything was well. The older man resting an assuring hand on her shoulder. His expression was hard to read. The girl had her arms crossed as she watched the doctor, her eyes flickering on Scott ever so often. She had more features of the woman and that made him wonder if she was his daughter. Nothing made sense. Why were they in his hospital room? Why was he in the hospital?

"What's your name?" The doctor asked, after checking Scott's eyes, letting him follow the light.

"S-Scott" he coked out, his throat dry. The nurse handing him a glass of water with a smile, "Thank you"

"Scott what?" The doctor proceeded to ask.

"Finnegan" he replied, thinking the doctor would likely know that.

The doctor turned to look at the people behind him. Shock written all over their faces. Did he say something wrong? He handed back the glass to the nurse. The doctor cleared his throat and the tension that was filling the room.

"Where is he?" Scott asked, beating the doctor to asking the other questions first.

The doctor raised a brow. The people filling the room was just as curious. "Where's who?" The doctor asked, not giving Scott the answers he needed.

"Elijah"

"Whose Elijah?" This time it was the crying lady from before who spoke, calming down from her series of crying.

"My boyfriend" Scott simply said, thinking again that they should know that. Then again these people were all strangers to him. The grey haired man face became hard as stone, the woman only gaping as the girl snickered.

"We will check up on you in the next few hours" the doctor said, looking to the nurse who nodded in understanding. "For the time being please give him some time" he directed at people in the room.

The doctor and nurse left and the people thanked him. Scott looked over at them wondering if they were going to leave or not. "Would you like something to eat?" The woman asked.

Scott was indeed hungry. As If he hadn't ate in months, "I'll go get some food on my own" He replied. There was surely a cafeteria in the hospital he could go get some food. A whole lot of food.

"I'll get it for you" the woman persisted, forcing Scott to lay back in the bed. His body wasn't listening to him.

"I couldn't possibly bother you" Scott said as politely as he could.