Ten

Foot steps resonated through the Finnegan's household. Maddie ran down the stairs as Scott chased after her. She was running for her dear life, holding onto Scott's phone as she turned the corner into the living room.

Scott wanted to catch her and tickle the life out of her for what she did. It was surprising to Scott that Elijah would've texted him within a day. He had obviously gotten rusty in that department and went to his sister for help.

Maddie being the younger darling sister had jumped right in when Scott came knocking on her bedroom door. She was up for the role of cupid, even shooting an imaginary arrow at Scott and saying she would do the same when she saw Elijah again. All jokes aside she took Scott's phone and read the simple greeting Elijah had sent. Scott wanted to reply even simpler when Maddie swatted him atop his head and told him a 'hi' won't cut it.

After carefully listening to Maddie's advice, Scott's finger hovered over the keyboard. He replied back just as Elijah did, this time adding a smiling emoji to add effect, something Maddie told him to do. Next she told him to say he enjoyed himself, tell Elijah he had fun. Scott felt like he was in a lecture on how to text; better yet how not to have awkward conversations with someone you find interesting. He had complied and told Elijah he had fun.

Did Scott truly have fun? In the beginning he was a rocky ride but as he settled, he thought it wasn't so bad. Elijah knew of his return yet he didn't ask Scott about anything. Not even the slightest interest about his life outside this small town. Scott appreciated that, he liked that Elijah had a calming aura about him, having casual conversation and never forcing Scott to answer questions he didn't want to answer.

He noticed how sometime Elijah would continue on when he found something interesting, much like he did when he realized Scott was the very same --as Elijah said-- legend Scott Finnegan. He had never received such praise in a long time from anyone besides his family so when Elijah said he was handsome while sporting his famous smile, it warmed Scott's heart.

He had indeed enjoyed himself in a long while and he never thought that would happen again. Dwelling from unforgettable school moments to childhood memories, Scott even got in about how many marvel posters he had in his room which was now either thrown away or locked away in the garage.

Scott felt like he was just like before, enjoying life while he had it. But when he thought about Elijah knowing just how broken a soul he is, his smiled was replaced with a frown. Before he moved back home after the incident, he's encountered people who would call him crazy if he said that there was a constant beeping in his mind or if he would hear something that wasn't even real. He didn't want Elijah thinking that way of him.

When he saw that Elijah wished for them to hang out again, even though Scott had already agreed that they got to know each other. He felt his chain of doubts and worry being pushed to the side. It was great that Elijah also had fun despite Scott's stuttering and lack of words in the beginning.

The milkshake was great and Elijah looked to be in love with the creamy goodness as he didn't break away from it, only when necessary. Scott also enjoyed it, the taste was much more delicious than the last time he had it. Going back to Pops Diner didn't sound too bad, he wanted to have a taste of the meals on the menu, savour the food he loved as a kid.

When Maddie flat out denied going back to Pops, Scott couldn't help but look at her in confusion. If she was worried about him then she didn't have to, Pops had a rather small crowd during the early parts of the day so he could go then and if Elijah's with him, he felt like he would just forget about the evil the world had to offer.

What he didn't expect was for Maddie to tell him that Pops was a hot spot for Mikey and his crew. Scott with no hesitation wanted to avoid Mikey and he also didn't want to worry his mother.