Thirteen

Scott remembered his first kiss.

It was during his freshman year in highschool. It sounded bizarre, too unreal to be true. Thinking back on how he got his first kiss on valentine's day in the hallway where everyone could see. Sounded like something from a book or even a movie.  Scott remembered how he didn't have a Valentine that day. Living in a small town it was hard to get around avoiding being single on that very day.

Much to his surprise, someone else was single that day. Scott didn't think much of it as he quickly bought a chocolate bar and a single rose and confronted the mysterious single that saved his lonely day of being single. When he saw  the dirty blonde with hair resting on his shoulders, golden brown eyes that reminded him of caramel.

It was no doubt Mason Forest standing at his locker in all his glory. It was odd to Scott. Mason had exceptional beauty and not having people knocking at his door to be his Valentine was just odd. That didn't stop Scott though, he took confident steps forwards and gave him the cheap chocolate bar and rose --Mason didn't need to know about the cheap part. Mason was surprised by his act but gratefully accepted the two gifts.

As a thank you he kiss Scott right then a there. If Scott had to describe it would be innocent and teasing. Much like he tasted something sweet, candy maybe? They both hung out at the famous diner that evening. Mason turned out to fun, surprising shy too since he made such a statement in the middle of the hallways, even taking the incitive. Their relationship after was like nothing happened, it was awkward during the first few days but like normal acquaintances that passed each other in the halls or happened to run into each other in town a simple hi and bye would do it, slipping in something interesting in the mix.

Maybe if Scott wanted to further their relationship, mold it into something then he might just have done that and so would've Mason. Was it just a one time thing or there was no room for anything else? Whatever the reason was it was too late. That was how he got his first kiss or was it that he accidentally bumped lips with someone on the playground, either way he deemed that one day the day he got his first kiss with Mason Forest.

Scott hadn't seen him since after graduation during their farewell party to those such as Scott --and Mikey--  who was leaving the small town to get a taste of what the world had to offer. In fact, Scott hadn't seen anyone since then until his recent encounters with the troublesome Mikey. When he arrived at the apartment complex that Elijah had been staying and he saw none other than Mason Forest, he was a little shocked.  

Mason's dirty blonde hair was still has tall as ever, done in a low bun as he leaned against the wall of entrance enjoying what the early parts of the night had to offer. He hadn't seen Scott just yet, staring aimlessly down the road as if waiting on someone. That all change when Scott clumsily hit his foot on his bicycle causing it to topple over. Mason indeed turned to look to see who was embarrassing themselves so early. He knitted his brow as he watched Scott hurrying to take up the bicycle, securing it in place. By the look on Mason's face you could tell he knew Scott but the words won't leave his lips as his mind tried to piece together why Scott looked so familiar.

"Scott?" He said, eyes wide as he walked towards him. "Is that really you Scott?"

"The one and only" he replied feeling like he's had this conversation before.

"I can't believe it's you" Mason said, smiling widely as his hands that were once buried in his pocket engulfed Scott into a hug.

Mason smelled like different sets of pastry making you want to take a bite out of him just to see if he would taste just as good as he smelled but Scott wouldn't do anything so undignified. His hands settled around Mason, returning the gesture was the right thing to do and he felt Mason wasn't going to let go unless he hugged him back and he was right. Mason did let go after Scott gave him a hug.