Twenty - Three

Scott brushed his thumb over the fading bruise on Elijah's cheeks. Leaning forward and giving him a small kiss on it as if his kiss had the power to heal it. Scott nested back himself in Elijah's arm, tracing his finger along the crook of his neck.

Elijah loved these moments, the moments where he had Scott wrapped in his arms all to himself. Sharing the warmth of each other, legs entangling each other and kissing when they needed to feel more of each other.

Elijah wanted to shower Scott in kisses and his love. Tell him a thousand-- no, a million times how he loves him because he deserved it. He deserved a love that wouldn't betray him. A love that could protect him and cherish him.

Elijah was going to give him that love. A love like no other because he's loved Scott for years on end and more years to come. Elijah would do anything for Scott-- he would cross the seven seas if he had to. Sometimes it all felt too real to be true. That the person who had occupied his heart for years was finally his.
A person he could call his own, his boyfriend, his lover. It all felt like a dream. That if he closed and opened his eyes it would all vanish, leaving him shattered. But dreams come true, when he opened his eyes and Scott was still firmly in his arms or when he calls him and hear his honey coated voice. If he whispered an I love you, he would earn one in return. It was real, everything was real and he loved every moment of it. He never wants to lose Scott. 

"Is everything okay?" Elijah asked, brushing away Scott's hair and kissing him on his forehead. He's noticed how down his boyfriend was since he came over. He hated seeing him sad, those brown eyes on the verge of tears.

"It's just..." Scott trailed, shuffling beside Elijah, looking up only for a brief moment to look at Elijah. "Maddie, we got into a fight. It wasn't really a fight but....."

Elijah knew how close Scott and his younger sister was. Unbreakable he would call them. Every sibling had there fight but the Finnegan's-- Elijah never thought they fought. Call him fool, but a little squabble for a few minutes then all forgotten in the next. "Wanna talk about it" he rubbed his hands up and down Scott's arm.

Scott sat up, legs crossed as he stared at Elijah, "Do you think Mikey could have a child?" Scott shot the question at Elijah who sat up and leaned against the bed head. "As in does he look like father material"

"If we're being honest here-- no" Elijah answered, not because Mikey wasn't his favourite person but because of the way he is now, the crowd he hangs with. "If circumstances were different then maybe" he added.

Scott moved closer to Elijah. Placing his head on his lap as Elijah stroked his head in a soothing manner. He felt at ease when he was close to Elijah, feeling his touch. "I just can't believe it" Scott sighed.

"I'm going out on a limb here" Elijah said. "You had a non-fight with Maddie and your question about Mikey, I'm guessing he's the father of--"

"Don't say it" Scott cut him off. If Elijah said it, It would all become more real. He would remember the pained expression on his sister's face. How she kept this a secret for so long. How Maddie must have felt knowing that she couldn't tell anyone without thinking how they would react. But why now, why does Mikey want to get involve now?

"I don't know what to do" Scott muttered. They hadn't spoken about the sudden outburst of truth since that day. Maddie avoided the situation all together. Scott was still wrapping his head around the situation. His once best friend and his sister, how did things end up this way?

Elijah took Scott's hand in his, brushing his thumb over the back of his hands. "Whatever you choose to do I'm here for you every second of the way" Scott 'hm-med' giving Elijah's hand a squeeze. "Now will you stop pouting" he pecked away the pout from Scott's lips. He hated seeing him upset. "Maddie will come around soon. Just give her sometime"