Twenty

Scott's tongue was burning with the words he wanted to say. He was up all night thinking about what to say, how he'd convey what his heart was determined to say. Scott loved the feeling he had, the one that made his heart race and how it felt like butterflies had made home in stomach. It reminded him that he wasn't closed of to the world. That he could feel such a thing again after his love was betrayed before. He had Elijah to thank for that, for the day he approached him in the bookstore. Even if it was coincidentally that he showed up at his front door. Scott was thankful for that. Or was it destiny working in their favour?

Scott wanted to run out the house and straight to Elijah's house, fall in his arms and pour his heart out. As he slapped his already redden cheeks, smiling like a fool while staring at the white ceiling. Even he was surprised by his own behaviour, his own thoughts. If a someone had told Scott a year or less ago that he would grab a hold of his life again, find someone that would allow him the luxury of such a feeling again. He would flat out tell that person they were lying because Scott didn't believe he would live life to the fullest again, forget his torments and move on. He had very little hope for the future.

Going home, settling for a small job while living under the radar. But here he was, attending poetry groups, meeting up with old friends and going on dates. For a long time, he was now feeling content with his life. Scott got up from his bed and stretched his limbs. It was almost noon and he decided it was time to go meet with Mikey. They didn't agree on a time and as he recalled Mikey hang out at pops very often. He wanted to have a chat with Mikey as soon as possible so he could spend all the time he had left with Elijah.  

Scott closed his bedroom door bedroom door behind him, going down the stairs two at time. Gianna was sitting on the along with Maddie, she had Simon in her hand. Since the incident in Maddie's bedroom and Scott saw the bruise on her wrist, she's been ignoring Scott. That went from cheerful conversations to boring ones like pass me the salt or move over on the couch. When Scott thought back on the situation sitting, grabbing her hand and wanting answers. He should've been more gently.

He only did out of shock and his over protectiveness blinding him for a moment. Then he went ahead an bring up Mikey only because he wanted to know if he was involved. Maddie had said that Mikey just bothered her but it wasn't anything serious. Scott wasn't convinced then but now he knew for sure. If Mikey was somehow harming his sister he'll forget that they were once friend and his anger might get the best of him. Scott wasn't one for violence, in fact he hated it. He wanted to resolve it as peacefully as possible. But that all depends on Mikey's words.

Scott didn't head straight for the living room he headed for the kitchen. His mood was sour and he had bought home the apple pie Elijah baked for him. Scott's heart did a flip as he rested the pie on the counter. His mind flickered to when Elijah said he baked it with love. He was confessing to Scott through pie, how much cuter could he get? Scott eventually thought back to this kiss, chewing his bottom lip as he remembered Elijah's lips against his in the most innocent and loving manner. Was it bad that Scott wanted to do it again?

"Is everything okay?" Gianna asked from the living area. "You're giggling to yourself and stating intently at the pie, your making me worried"

"Everything's fine mom" Scott said, trying to wipe away the smile that was plastered on his lips. "Who ate my pie?" Scott turned to look in the living area, he was so lost in thought he didn't realized a few slices were missing.

"I may have ate a slice or two....maybe three" his mother shrugged, acting innocently.

Scott could only chuckled, his eyes met with Maddie who was smiling. Her eyes didn't hold the flames of anger, they were winded with sadness. It wasn't long before before she averted her gaze. Scott cut two slices then made way to the living area. Sitting on the opposite couch before sliding the other slice of pie across the table to Maddie.