Fifteen

The moment Scott opened the front door and walked in he could feel the awkwardness as his father read the morning paper, his mother sipping from her cup of coffee and Maddie playing with Simon. By the smug on their  face that they tired so bad to hide. He could tell they saw what happened on the front lawn with Elijah, from the goodbyes that didn't want to be said to the hug. Scott knew they saw and that they would ask how a simple movie night became a sleepover, something he hasn't done in forever-- leaving the comfort of his home for more than just a few hours.

Even Scott didn't know how it ended like that. At one point he was having a small breakdown the next he was eating a slice of delicious pie while he and Elijah talked about just anything. Next thing he knew he was staying over. When he walked through Elijah's front door he expected to be greeted with judgemental eyes as to why he was desperately holding onto his ears, his breathing heavy and his heart about to pop out of his chest. But instead Elijah looked at him with a worried expression, every inch of his being wanting to know if Scott was okay.

Scott had prepared to walk out as soon as he walked in but Elijah didn't allow him such a thing. His desperate hold that guided Scott to the couch, his homemade apple pie. Scott wondered what he did to deserve such kindness. The pie was beyond delicious, like a wave goodness cleansing his mind and heart. Did pie always have such an effect? Elijah's hands were like gods creating something beautiful, so beautiful it shouldn't even exist.

He knew Elijah had a few questions of his own and Scott wasn't ready to answer them but he asked the question anyways. As he held his breath in that moment, ready to face the harsh winds of his own stupidity, a gentle breeze brushed his skin with a different question. He thought that his mind was deceiving him, Elijah was the embodiment of gentle soul.

Scott could feel himself loosing control of his mind and body, undoubtedly his heart too. He didn't want to fall into Elijah's arms too quickly. The more he tried to pull himself away the more the magnetic force named Elijah kept pulling him forward with his gentle smile, kind personality and his loving- ness towards Scott. Maybe it was those points that made Scott wanted to stay over, treading into an unknown territory but feeling comfort non the less. Elijah was just that sort of person, makes you want to be in his presence.

Scott still wasn't going to give his full percentage, his mind wouldn't allow it but his heart denied such a law. He could feel himself submerging under water already when he was simply, gingerly placing his foot in to test it out. When his hand rested on Elijah's beating heart, ever beat seemed to be sending him a message. His own heart was having fun on its own, racing upon contact with Elijah's hand. Scott wasn't going to lie, it felt unbelievable that he couldn't remove his hand. Scott could feel himself slipping, almost giving his full percentage.

"I know you saw" Scott said, taking a seat beside Maddie. "So ask what you have to before I go to my room" it was now or never for Scott to deal with their prying or he had to enduring looks that desired to know every time he walked around the house.

"Saw what?" Gianna said innocently behind her cup of coffee. David clearing his throat as he flipped another page of the newspaper.

"How was your movie date?" David asked, brushing aside the fact they Scott caught them all red handed. "Was it good?"

"It was great" Scott replied, remembering the events of last night that just kept blossoming over and over in his mind.

"Great he says" His father tried to hide his wide smile by bringing the newspaper closer to his face. "What movie did you watch?"

"We didn't watch a movie" Scott admitted, turning to look at Maddie who was giggling at his statement.

"Oh" Gianna perched up, putting her cup of coffee on the small coffee table. "You didn't? What did you guys do?" She was now more interested as she smiled widely at Scott, showing him her pearly white.