Twenty - Six

Love.

Scott had been wondering over the past hours about what love truly was. He knew he couldn't put it in words. The feeling it bought was inexplicable. There was no reason to know what it truly was, it was all about how you felt and the person who gave you that feeling. There was no reason understand the thing call love. Just feel it. Enjoy the warmth it bring. Let it move mountains and bring you fountains of happiness.

Scott knew you couldn't control that feeling. You can't choose who you love. It just happens. Which leads to Scott thinking about all the mistakes he made throughout his life as he stared through his window. The rain was down to drizzle as the darken clouds pass in the sky. It was raining a lot those past few days, just like Scott's heart. Today was no different.

He's made many mistake. Who doesn't? From the smallest things to life changing ones. From giving the wrong order to a customer or simply just sending the wrong text to the one person you didn't want to see it. Life brings everyone mistake the thing they all had to was learn from it. How many actually learnt from their mistakes?

Scott thought -- no, he knew he had learnt from the biggest mistake of his life. The one thing he regretted but it was inevitable. It was out of his control and that landed him in his current position. Sitting in his childhood bedroom being plunged further in a pit of unworthiness-- uselessness all due to his life choices. He knew he shouldn't regret receiving and giving love. There was good times and bad times. Much like how someone never sees the good in you, only the one bad thing you did amongst a great deal of good. The bad overshadowed the good.

Scott remembered the good times. The times he would whisper I love you and snuggle into his arm. Then he remembered the bad. The one thing that masked the beauty of it all. The one incident that strikes fear in his heart. Fear that he thought had left only to sneak up on him and whisper in his ears, 'Got you'.

Scott thought he knew him but what he knew was only a mask. All those smiles and words of love that gave Scott a hope for a loving future. He thought it was all a lie when he removed the beautifully carved mask he's known all this time. But it didn't felt fake, it all felt real. Like a tower came crashing down, that day and following night ruined everything.

When Scott woke up, he thought it was all a lie. He refused to believe it all. Reality was just too cruel. A part of him even still loved him despite his cruelness. Like a candle it was bound to burn out. Love became something that Scott didn't believe in anymore. Much like a kid who stopped believing in Santa Clause because he knew he wasn't real. Love became unreal for Scott. That was what he initial thought until he met the most amazing guy. A guy he loved so much that he would give his all to. Someone so precious and deserving that Scott thought he was unreal but he wasn't. Every kiss, touch, smile and words he said to Scott was real. There was no mask. Nothing to fear. So how did they end up here?

Broken hearts alike and tears that never seemed to stop. It all started when Scott moved back home like Carly said before. No, it started the moment Scott decided to leave this small town for something bigger. It started when he fell in love. When he got cheated on not only once. When Scott thought it was too much and ended it. When he said the three words that night in his car. The moment Scott saw the darkness clouding his grey eyes before he exited the car. It all started when he walked away and woke up in a hospital. It started because he fell in love. And it was happening again because he fell in love.

He fell in love with Elijah and he fell too deep. He broke his binding chains but the scar still remained. Scott ran but he was being chased. Elijah made him forget. Forget about the shitty things life had bought him. Gifted him with the memories of something unforgettable. He's able to get through. The memories of them both might be painful but when Scott remembers those moment in his hardest of times he could smile and say he was loved. He received the most beautiful love yet. For now all he could do was cry at those memories.