Twenty - Eight

Maddie was getting tired of her older brother's behaviour. She was just a door over and could feel the sadness seeping through the walls and causing a dread feeling in her room. She understood that his heart was broken but that didn't mean he could send dark clouds in her room. Scott had said he would talk to Maddie about the situation and that was a week ago. Rolling her eyes she pulled her headphones out, closing her laptop.

Luckily Simon was asleep so she could go over to his room and get him to talk. Not by force though. Maddie was happy that her brother was elated the previous week and them talking and Mikey being Simon's father was let out of the box made them a bit closer or so she thought until Scott sudden change from sunshine and clear skies to rain and dark clouds. 

Maddie knocked on Scott's bedroom door, her arms crossed as she waited for an answer. She knocked again a few times earning some muffled noise from the other end. Maddie decided to try the knob this time and it was unlock.

Scott turned to the other side when Maddie pushed herself into his room. He was feeling even worst if possible. A breakup was meant to ease the pain as time passes by. Or so Scott thought. The pain was increasing ten folds. The world seemed dull and his heart just wanted to see Elijah, to be near him. 

The night was still fresh in Scott's mind. The feeling of the raindrops, the harsh words that left his lips. He wasn't only impaling Elijah but himself also. Each wound still fresh and bleeding. His love still strong and unmoving. The feeling of Elijah's hand on his cheek for the last time, he subconsciously touched his cheeks. Scott knew if he had stared any longer in the blue eyes that he loved he would pull Elijah in his arms and allowed him to kiss him. Scott without any questions missed Elijah. Wanting to go over to his apartment that was filled with his scent, eat his apple pies that was baked with love and watch movies only to talk and not pay attention. Scott wanted to go to poetry night with Elijah and see Molly again. He missed taking off glasses and sticking them atop his own head then kissing him. Scott missed all of that.

A chuckle left his lips at the thought. His phone rested under his hands. Elijah hadn't call him today. It was painful but it made Scott knew Elijah was still there. That he hadn't giving up much like Scott did. That he wasn't letting the harsh unmeaning words chase him away. Scott could understand if he had run away. Elijah had loved him for years on end when Scott didn't know. And Elijah didn't give up then, he waited on Scott until he was finally able to hold the person he wanted to in his arms. Scott was grateful for the meeting Elijah and him loving him. A person could get exhausted at one point. Exhausted by pain and the cruel things life threw their way. 

Scott didn't want Elijah to get exhausted. Did he want Elijah to wait on his fears to run away? How long would that be. How long would they be apart just for Scott to get his shit together and stand up. Elijah couldn't wait years again than would be unfair without an explanation. Scott wanted to keep him safe and for that to happen he needed to end things bittersweet. It was all for Elijah's sake he kept telling himself. Was it really Scott Finnegan, was it all for Elijah's sake?

"Get up!" Maddie yelled, hitting him on the head with a pillow. Pulling Scott from his thoughts before he could come to terms with an answer.

"No" Scott muttered, his head buried into the sheets. "Leave me alone"

"Not today big brother" Maddie said, almost steaming as she marched to the end of the bed, pulling on Scott's legs.

Scott groaned as he tried holding onto the sheets. He was too weak, too weak for anything, "Stop it Maddie let me sulk"

"No!" Maddie said firmly, pulling Scott with all her strength.

Scott later fell to the ground with a loud thud, him groaning out in pain, "now get up and put on a shirt" Maddie ordered, throwing her hair out of her face and huffing for breath. "We need to talk"