Seven

For the last few days Scott has been sleeping well. He slept like a log that he almost slept until noon today. There was no beeping and no nightmares of the accident. He felt refreshed as he opened his eyes to a new day. The sun was fully out, basking everything in its glory.

He allowed the sunlight to enter his room as drew the curtains. His eyes travelled to the Hamptons home as it does every morning after the incident. The news was still heartbreaking, to think that Mrs. Hampton would die. Scott had stop by to give his condolences along with Maddie and his mother. He later found out that Mrs. Hampton used to bring cookies after the baseball games whether they lost or not.

Scott berated himself for forgetting such a lovely woman. He remembered that she was the very same person that had baked him a cake to congratulate him on his home run. The team didn't hold back and dived straight into the cake, even Mikey back then. To think he would get involved in such a crowd that would go as low as to rob the elderly.

Scott didn't want to get involve any further with Mikey he knew that much. He might've been friends with him when they were younger but now was different. Scott feared danger; he's gotten a taste once and Mikey screamed danger hence staying away was the best option. No matter how bad he wanted to know the Mikey now and why he took the path he did.

Scott took a shower, got dressed and went downstairs where his mom and sister was. Gianna was making breakfast as always while Maddie was playing with Simon.

"You look well rested today" Gianna looked up at Scott. "Even in a good mood"

Maddie turned to look at her brother, wondering what her mother was making a fuss over, smiling when she saw Scott was indeed rested and looked better than he had in years. 

"Did something happen that you're not telling us" Maddie said, turning to get a better look at Scott.

Scott smiled as he took a seat around the island. It all felt new, the way they thought it was something so odd and unnatural that he was smiling. It made Scott started thinking that it was new for him to show such a display. He felt like all his worries had vanished, that everything was a passing nightmare.

"Nothing happened" Scott told them. Even if something did happen he wouldn't know. All he knew was that he had been having beeping free days and wasn't over thinking his life.

"Your aren't fooling us" Maddie said. "He's hiding something isn't that right Simon" she said in childish tone, kissing Simon plenty on his chubby cheeks.

"Does this have anything to do with the chocolates I found" Gianna raised a curious brow, placing a plate of pancakes before Scott.

Scott had forgot about those. His mind wondered to Elijah and what today meant. If he had slept anymore he would've miss having a milkshake with him. He'd already made the slip when he invited him to the poetry group. It wasn't that Scott didn't want to go, he just couldn't. It was nice of Elijah to invite him and he appreciated the gesture but Scott was only just adjusting himself to fit back into the world. 

Before he knew it he had already accepted the request. He didn't expect for Elijah to show up at his front door, he was just as shocked as Scott was. When he saw the pleading in Elijah's eyes when he asked that Scott joined him for a milkshake he couldn't say no. Scott didn't know how he was going to act on the current situation and not showing up would make him feel extra bad including not showing up for the poetry group when Elijah went through all the trouble.

"I got those from a girl who was giving them away" Scott informed them, taking a bite of his pancake. "I took them because I know you would eat them" he said to Maddie.