Sixteen

The Euston's family recipe has been in the family for generations. As Elijah sat on his couch the familiar paper consisting of an apple pie recipe on the coffee table, he began to doubt the recipe. He's enjoyed its deliciousness since as long as he could remember; from his mother's baking to his own and never once as he doubted anything. Elijah had promised to bake Scott one of his family's famous pie, he might've said it on a wimp but Elijah still wanted to bake him one. He wanted to see the look on Scott's face when he eats the pie and for him to give Elijah those small compliments. 

It had Elijah on edge all morning, his bed hair was still sticking in all directions, his breakfast was pushed to side and eventually got cold; he's barely done anything all morning. Elijah bit on his thumb as he paced back and forth, stopping to look at the recipe, groaning loudly then continuing pacing back and forth working up a storm of ideas in his mind. He knew Scott had enjoyed the pie as he watched him took each bite as if he tasted heaven, the look of disappointment on his face as he saw that it was finished. Elijah knew he loved it but he wanted for when he steps into his small kitchen, gathers his ingredients and put on his apron, he was about to make something extra special. The last pie was only Elijah wanting to have a bite so he ended up baking one, now this one was for Scott and Scott meant special.

Elijah had to put everything he had into it. As he looked at the recipe he knew something was missing. There was no problem before but as Elijah bore holes into the paper he couldn't help but feel like there was a blank spot that he needed to fill out. He let himself fall back into the couch, staring up at the white ceiling. He outstretched his arm as if he could grab the answer from thin air. Elijah clenched his fist, bringing it close then opening it, it was just his empty palm but it seems he's found the answer he was looking for.

"How could I forget that" he muttered to himself as he scribbled onto the paper. "That should be it" he smiled in satisfaction.

Elijah folded the paper and placed it back in his desk. He stretched his limps then sauntered off to his bedroom. The answer was so near yet he couldn't grab ahold of it, now that he did he felt elated and couldn't get rid of the smile pasted on his face as he curled up into his bed. He didn't fail to look out his window at the clear morning sky, each time he did it bought about fond memories. Elijah's hand wanted to hold Scott, his arms wanted to be wrapped securely around him; his being ached for Scott Finnegan.

Could he utter the three words without sounding too clingy. Its almost been two days since they parted, they would text occasionally but could Elijah say that was enough. He reached for his phone from the bedside table, unlocking it and looking at the photo of him and Scott. Elijah thought it was cute and Scott didn't look awkward in the least. He loved how he bit his lip nervously, how he tried to sneak a glance at Elijah but didn't dare to look at him. If he'd done that and Elijah got lost into his brown eyes, he might just have lost control and press his lips against Scott. 

Elijah didn't want for it to happen that way, he wanted for it to be special, for Scott to want it just as much as he wanted to. He didn't know what happened to Scott but that wasn't going to stop him from feeling what he felt. Elijah was going to be patient until Scott wanted to open his heart up. His curiosity wasn't going to get the best of him, he had something far greater that could win against it. A loud banging on his front door pulled him from his thoughts.

Elijah cursed under his breath, wondering who could be disturbing him. The banging continued, Elijah's frustration growing with each step he took towards the door. He flung the door open, ready to behead whoever stood at the other end of the door. It was no one other than Carly holding desperately onto her leather bag, dark circles under her eyes showing she could use some well deserved rest.

"Took you long enough" She said, pushing pass Elijah and forcefully closing the door.

Elijah stood to the side, watching the sleep deprived Carly stumbled into his apartment. She headed straight for the couch, taking papers one by one out of her leather bag. He wanted to ask what Carly was up to but he held back and sat beside her. She was in full concentration and Elijah didn't dare break that. She started taking out a few photographs and putting them with the papers she already took out.