Twenty - Five

Everyone loses something each passing day. A favourite accessory, a book or a brand new pen. From trivial things to important things. We all lose something at some point. Whether it be a coin you dropped and rolled into an unreachable corner or something of fragility that got broken. No matter how much you curse your clumsiness or stretch your arm to unreachable lengths. How many of us actually retrieve back the things we lost.

They could sulk all they wanted but it wouldn't bring back the favoured piece of item they lost. Buy a new one or just forget about it all together. That's all that needs to be done if you can't get your hands back on said item. But what happens to those who loses something irreplaceable. Something that you can't just walk into a store and buy. How do you retrieve back something that was unique and only had only one of said thing in the world? That was the difficult part. No matter how hard someone try to replace what they loss it would never be the same because whatever it was, was unique and special in its own way and no one or nothing could replace it. They could only try and fill that void while slowly forgetting only for an instant.

Scott had lost many things in his life. From his wallet to his favourite pair of jeans. Simply things that he could always buy back. There was one thing he lost and never wanted it to be found again. It was toxic and deceiving. Heart aching and meant to be left unfound. But it wasn't, it was found again. Scott was just a fool to think he had left it all in the past with no more worries.

He was losing all he had in just a mere second. A simply sentence within a second could rip away everything. Like a wave crashing to shore, pulling away all the land bear and left it bare. It was too much to for Scott to live in a world with nothing worth fighting for. Was he even willing to fight? He was too scared of what could happen. Each scenario that flashed through his mind was dreadful and did him no justice. His fear was controlling him and he felt helpless and useless. Like a man stripped of his clothes and left bare. Scott was being stripped of his love and left as the empty shell he once was.

The universe was testing him. Scott was failing the sudden pop quiz. With no time to study and with no notes in his notebook. How did he expected to pass? If he thought about it he didn't need any notes to challenge the test life threw at him. All he needed was courage and the will to not let such a hate filled person ruin his life. But there was his demons, telling him how he didn't have a chance against him. How he should just bend to his will and all would be well. How he didn't deserve Elijah's love and would only hurt him. Scott was starting to think that the voices in his head was.....right.

He didn't know how long he was in his room for after that night. He's lost his sense of being. Scott was alive but he wasn't living. He was living with Elijah. He made Scott feel the warmth of the sun rather than the cold droplets of rain. No matter how hard he tried to forget about Elijah. Try to forget his love for him every passing aching feeling in his chest. Everything led back to Elijah and he hated it. Elijah deserved better than the weakling Scott. Elijah didn't deserve to be hurt. Scott will continue to hug himself and try not to think how he would rather be safely wrapped in Elijah's arms. How he wanted to feel his lips against his and Elijah telling him everything would be okay. He wanted Elijah to tell him how much he loved him.

If he closed his eyes tightly and force the memories out of his mind. It would all pass. Every painfully thing he felt will slowly pass like the wind.

Scott's phone was ringing once again. The very first photograph him and Elijah took flashed across the screen along with Eli. A genuine chuckle passed through Scott's lips as he hugged his knees and looked at the phone to his side. The tears were flowing again due to unforgettable moments at the sight of Elijah's face. Scott's eyes were puffy and red. He didn't know how much longer he could cry for. Elijah was calling again even though he hasn't received an answer from Scott. The countless missed calls, text and voice messages. Elijah wasn't giving up. That made Scott wondered why should he? Then he remembered how much of a trembling leaf in the wind he was. How he couldn't defy him. That was why he was sitting in his home town. He was running away and didn't even know he was being chased.