Nineteen

We can't give up now, he's starting to make progress. We have to put our faith in him.”

I know but how much longer, I can't bare to see him like this any further. ”

Scott raised himself from his bed when he heard a series of talking. He's been in his room all day, his mind in a turmoil. A repeat of last night playing over and over in his head, the sensation he felt on his lips at the thought of Elijah's lips on his. Scott didn't know what to do, he's been thinking all day on how to approach the current situation. He knew for sure that he didn't hated it, he liked the feeling. How Elijah was gently, his soft lips that trembled upon first contact. It made Scott run his thumb over his lips ever so often.

There was no doubt Scott felt something for Elijah and that kiss might just confirm the unexplained feeling in his heart. There was something holding him back when he firmly planted his feet on the ground and vow to not let anything hold him back from finding happiness again. Yet, here he was with every passing second making Elijah wait for his answer. Scott could only imagine how anxious he must feel, wondering if he was going to be rejected or accepted.

Was Scott going to reject him? He's never really seen that as an option. Elijah has been the best thing that happened to him since he moved back home. Elijah was someone he felt comfortable with, someone he could be around and all his worries would dispel into thin air. And the way he smiled, his glasses that Scott found to be so cute. When Elijah's hand is in his, the burning affection and the lingering for more when he let go.  

Scott gripped his chest, his pulsing heart beating faster at each though of Elijah. As if a cage filled with butterflies had been let loose in his stomach. He thought back to the question Elijah asked him a few days ago. Scott should follow his own answer, he should follow that feeling he felt. That feeling was telling him that he wanted to be with Elijah, he wanted to see his smile everyday. For Elijah to hold him and tell him those three little words.

He never thought there would be anyone to pull him from the depths, allow him the chance to love again. If he hadn't met Elijah maybe he would've lost all hope. That he would still be tormenting Scott from so many miles away. The person now wasn't the Scott that was cowering from fear, he was facing them head on and fighting to his last breath. If he hadn't went to that bookstore that day he would've missed that faithed meeting but faith wasn't going to let his chance slip. It bought Elijah right on his front door giving him a second chance. He's glad his family gave him the courage to go have that milkshake with Scott, that he went to poetry night and did so much after.

Scott was having his life back.

He opened his bedroom door, peeking his head out to see Maddie angrily walking up the stairs. Did it have anything to do with the conversation he heard earlier? He didn't hear Maddie's voice only his mother and father. Much he would rather for them to have any conversations pertaining to him in his presence. Scott will never forget that they all have his best interest at heart.

Maddie turned to look at Scott, her expression softened as she mustered up a smile. Scott exited his room, closing the door behind him then walking over to Maddie. He knew there was something bothering her by the look on her face. Scott allowed himself entrance into Maddie's room. It didn't have much, mostly things belonging to Simon and cute decorations. Maddie stood by her bedroom door, watching Scott as he seated himself on her bed.