Paradise

Our life was getting back to normal. Michael was back at work and we were planning a vacation. We're currently trying to get permission to take Aria out of state with us. Liz and Shawn are fine with it but we do have to go through a couple loops with child services. No biggie though. I can't keep Michael off of me. He seriously has endless sex drive! I'm starting to get swore.

The closer we got to Michael being 100% the more he's going to put pressure on me about babies. I don't think I'm ready to go through it all right now. Maybe I need to have a talk with Michael. I think i need more time. I'm enjoying just being married to him with our two kids right now. And now we have all these medic bills. I want those paid off before we start putting all this money into a surrogate. Ugh. We just need this vacation right now.
"Let's go to the Gulf of Mexico for vacation." Michael just texted me. I smiled as he was trying to plan this all for me since I've been so stressed taking care of him. "Perfect." I replied. Then my phone went off again, but it was Liz this time. "It happened." She texted. What? "What happened?" I texted her back confused as hell. "Aria. She got her period. She is freaking out. She's at school. I think I'm going to go get her." Liz texted. "Are you serious?! Yeah go get her. She's probably so embarrassed. I'll be over." I texted back urgently. I grabbed my purse and headed over to Liz's.

I had to call Michael. "Yes baby?" He answered. "I feel old." I said nearly in tears. "What's wrong? Why?" He asked confused. "Our baby girl is a woman now. How is she already this grown?" I said crying as I pulled out of the drive way. "What." He replied. "Ari got her p-" "okay okay! I don't need you to say it. Is she sure? There's no way at 13 she already you know got her.... you know." He said almost nervous. "I got mine when I was 12....." I replied. "Oh god.... is she okay?" He asked worried. "Liz is picking her up from school." I replied. "She got it at school?! She's probably traumatized!" He freaked out. "I can't control when she got her period!" I hollered back. "What do we do??? Do we.... I wasn't ready for this... how do we have a 13 year old?" He sighed. "We aren't good at this keeping calm thing." I giggled pulling into Liz's driveway. "Alright I gotta go baby. Let me know how she is." He replied. "Alright love you babe. Bye." I said hanging up. I went ahead and went inside Liz's house and waited for them.

Aria walked through the door in tears. "Awh Baby!" I gushed. "I bled through my clothes Dre!" She cried. "It happens babygirl." I said hugging her. "Everyone saw it! They're gonna make fun of me! I don't wanna go through what I did last time." She cried as I held her. "Aria. A lot of girls are going to go through what you did. You gotta own it. Yes we know its gross but you cannot help it." Liz told her. "But mom...." She cried. "Shhhh. Just go take a shower. We'll be down here waiting for you." Liz said kissing her head sending her upstairs.

Once she disappeared upstairs, Liz told me her plan "I already ordered a pizza, I grabbed ice cream, candy, chocolate and some juice on my way to get her. I wanna surprise her and we can have a little girls day. I wanna Get it all out and we can get into comfy clothes. You can borrow some of mine!" Liz said excited. We snuck upstairs changing into comfy PJs the. Set everything out. Aria finished up her shower then came down stairs. "What is this?" She asked still upset. "It's comfort food. We're going to have a Women's day." Liz smiled. "Moms." She said as she started crying again. "This was all your mom." I said giving Liz credit. She gave us a hug then the doorbell rang. "That must be the pizza." Liz smiled.

"Was Alice scared? When she got hers." Ari asked Liz. "Alice screamed in terror. Luckily she was home, I tried my best to prepare you two for this but it's always scary. Alice and I did this too." Liz smiled. "My belly hurts." She said in pain. "Those are cramps honey." Liz told her. "Are your guys periods bad? Were you scared when you first got it." She asked. "I was a little scared but mine aren't bad." Liz said. Then Aria looked to me, "Dre?" She asked. "Well.... my mom never told me about periods. I called 911. I thought I was dying." I told them "you're kidding." Liz said in shock. I shook my head. "The dispatcher basically gave me the talk. She talked me through putting a pad on and told me about tampons. That was traumatizing." I said. "You poor thing." Liz sighed. "I'm so lucky to have you guys." Aria said hugging us both.