Miss

I can see it in Dres face. She worried, scared, mad and exhausted. "You need to relax." I told her as she was fixing up the living room. She snapped her head my way, "I need to relax?! I'm not the one having heart attacks." She said mad. "I'm sorry! Okay? I didn't realize i pushed myself to this point. Our life just got to being a lot for me to handle." I said slowly sitting up. She rushed to me helping me. I pulled her into me, making her straddle me. I buried my face in her chest as she held my head. "Momma!" Demi hollered running out of the kitchen. "What baby?" She asked still sitting On top of me. "Momma! Daddy can't rest if you sit on him!" She hollered making us laugh. I lifted my head and she grabbed my face and kissed me. "Demi come take a nap with Daddy." She said getting off of me. She's been distant. She shows me affection but only for short periods. I hope I'm not sending her into a depression.

It has been a week since I have gotten out of the hospital and I was ready to be on the go again. "Daddy are you going back to work tomorrow?" Aria asked. I nodded as I ate. Dre has been forcing us to eat healthy and has thrown out any kind of junk food. With Aria being pregnant that's going to be a struggle. "How you feeling baby girl?" I asked her. She shrugged. "I keep getting cramps." She said. Dre and I froze. "You're getting cramps?" I asked. She nodded, "Aria that's not good." Dre said worried. "We need to get her to a doctor. Now." I said getting up from the table. "No daddy, I'm fine. I promise. We have an appointment Thursday. I'm going to wait." She said. Dre ran her fingers through her hair stressed. "Are you staying here or your parents tonight?" I asked. "My parents." She replied. "If something doesn't feel right let them know or us. Whoever. This is serious Aria Katherine." I said pointing my fork at her. She nodded as did Terrence.

I came up behind Dre as she did dishes. I hugged her tight. "Let me finish them baby. Go sit down. I got this." I said then kissing her shoulder. "I'm fine." She said. "It wasn't an option." I said pulling her away. She sighed then walking off after drying her hands. "Dad." I heard Aria say. "What's up?" I asked. "Is mom okay?" She asked softly. "She's okay, this is just a lot for her to handle. The whole heart attack thing is really taking a toll on her i think." I admitted. "I'm sorry daddy," Aria began. "Aria this isnt your fault at all. These things happen. Stop blaming yourself." I said. She nodded giving me a hug. "Go hang out with your mom." I said sending her off. I wish things would go back to normal. I hate all this. "Daddy!" Demi squealed running into the kitchen as Jayden chased her. "Dad she won't stop taking my stuff!" He hollered mad. "Demi, stop. We do this every night. Leave Jayden alone." I told her. She gave me a pouty look then threw jaydens pencil at him, hitting him in the face. I gasped as she tried to run away. I grabbed her, "that is not okay Demi! What if that hit Jayden in the eye?!" I hollered Demi started crying. "What is going on?" Dre asked worried. "Daddy is being mean!" Demi cried. "No, she threw a pencil at Jaydens face!" I hollered. "Michael calm down." Dre said. "No, she can't just do that Dre, she could've hurt Jayden!" I hollered. "I understand." Dre said. I let go of Demi and she ran to Dre. Dre squatted down. "Demi, you can't do that. Daddy is right. You could've really hurt bubba." She said brushing the hair out of her face. Demi nodded. "Now you know you have to sit in time out now." She told her. "No!" Demi cried. "Yes. Come on." She said taking her to the time out chair. I signed turning back to the dishes. The weird thing was Dre didn't even come back to argue with me. Usually she would. She tells me I'm too hard on the kids. I think she needs a get away. She doesn't have too many friends here that she hangs out with. Maybe I could get Selena up here?
"Hey, it's Michael. I think Dre really needs some girl time. Do you think you could come visit soon?" I texted her. A couple minutes later she replied. "I called Josh and he's flying me up there tomorrow!" She texted back. "Well that was fast, okay. Keep me updated. She's been super stressed lately." I texted. "I know. See you tomorrow."

I finished the dishes then it was bed time for the kids. "Demi bed, Jayden bed." I said. Of course they complained, but soon they gave us kisses and Jayden went to bed and I tucked Demi into her big girl bed. I walked back to our room and Dre was pacing, talking on the phone. She was clearly upset. "Okay. I'll be on my way." She said the hanging up. "Did she miscarry?" I asked softly. She nodded. Tears formed in her eyes. I walked up to her hugging her tight. "Our poor girl." She said. "How is she doing?" I asked. She shrugged, "I'm going to the hospital where she is." She said. "I'll stay here with the kids." I said. She just kept hugging me, "do you think she's sad or relieved?" She asked softly. I shrugged. "Probably sad. But maybe a little relieved." I said clueless. She reached up kissing me then left.