Part 8:Umm Qasr

3rd Person POV
22nd March 2003
4pm

Y/N has arrived in the area near the city of Umm Qasr. About 40 other soldiers exited with him out of the helicopter, with all their equipment.'OK,I am still assigned to Team Domino. The tent should be... here.'Y/N thought to himself as he walk into the tent city within the army base, searching for his team's tent. "Pardon my intrusion." Y/N called out as he entered the tent. He was approached by 4 soldiers, supposedly there to greet him. "Y/N?..." A female voice called out. The source a woman dressed in army uniform and beret, with the Polish flag on her chest and havong short hair. "Do I know you?"Y/N raised an eyebrow,before notcing the woman's face mole."Zofia?...".The woman nodded in excitement, before hugging Y/N."How are you,where have you been?" Zofia asked, tearing up from the reunion. "I'll explain later." Y/N continued,before introducing himself to the rest of the crew."I am Y/N Brzyski, you can call me 'Wasp'."

"Ghost,US Army."One introduced.
"Alpha,US Army,team leader."Another introduced.
"Max,US Army."The last one ended.

"I will get my rifle back, before showing you around the base. " Zofia said cheerfully, before heading for her dormitory. As soon as she left, Alpha started a conversation with Y/N. 

 Alpha: So how are you affiliated with her?

Y/N:Childhood friends and neighbors.

Alpha: Hmm... It is the first time seeing her smile and interacting with others. She has been very shy among us, and tried keeping conversations short when we wanted to open up to her.

Y/N: Interesting... I will see what is going on with her since the time I left.

Zofia came back into the tent, a big smile plastered on her face. "Come on Y/N, let me show you around. We have a lot of catching up to do." she said at Y/N, tone sounding sort of like a command. " Come back to the tent by 6pm, we will have a meeting before going tAlphaNot wanting to find out the consequences, Y/N rushed out of the tent. "He is f**ked." Ghost commented once Y/N is out of the tent." Agreed."Max sighed. Zofia began showing Y/N around the base. 

Zofia: So how was life in the States?

Y/N: It was fine, making prototypes to submit projects, carrying the team to passing with flying colors, it is fine. How is your father?

Zofia: He is fine. but he has been quite stressed from his job as minister and Ela's livelihood, I have been telling him to relax, but he continues put more responsibility on himself, lashing out on me sometimes, before quickly apologizing.

Y/N: Don't worry, Ela is fine, she is doing well, struggling here and there sometimes, but she will make it.

Zofia: ... *stops walking* What do you know about my sister?

Y/N: We were in an operation this morning. to capture a dam. We cleared it out, but she was shot and nearly assaulted sexually. I intervened, ending all the hostiles before bringing her back to base. Do not worry, she is recovering for injury, but it looks like she took a large blow from it. I have requested my teammates to take care of her while I am away, so she would recover and learn from this experience.

Zofia: Thanks for protecting her in this environment.

Y/N: We are friends, why would I not help. She does have the same piece of uniform from your grandfather, sewing it on her bag.

Zofia: I attached it on my clothes since I usually do not carry a bag. Somehow it feels like Grandpa is blessing both of us while he is away, I hope he is proud of us.

Y/N: Of course he is proud, you two are his granddaughters. Anyways, where is the sleeping premises?

Zofia: You have not been assigned to a dorm yet, why not sleep with me?