Part 24: A Series of Events

9 July 2010

Poland

2 pm

At the Office of Jan Bosak.

Jan Bosak was in his office, settling documents. As Minister of Internal Affairs, he had to make sure the country had a strong and just government. But is he himself a just official? To his daughter, he is, but to himself, he is sucked into a situation that could count as treason.

Checking out the accounts, making sure they tally, Jan asked himself.

Jan: Igor, come in.

Igor: Yes sir?

Jan: *hands two envelopes* One is my will. The other is for Elizbieta, make sure it goes to Y/N and Zofia knows nothing of this. This, pass it to Zofia*hands his prized pocket watch*. How long have you worked for me?

Igor: About 2 decades sir. Ever since you got the job in the 90s, I have been by your side.

Jan: I am sorry, but I will have to let you go. Don't worry, you are not fired. Upon resignation, you shall receive two times the amount of your bonus.

Igor: Sir, let me serve you even more. I enjoy working with you.

Jan: I have bitten more than I can chew, to lessen the blow to anyone related to me, ties have to be severed. If you want to serve me well, make sure you complete my last job for you.

Igor: I understand sir. Thank you for the experience. I shall complete the job for you one last time. *bows and leaves the room*.

Jan was left alone in his office. Remembering the days where his young self participated in missions. The times when he was not limited to the office, training the recruits like a father would. Turning to a suit made him a caged bird, and he has to sing the tune for his higher-ups. Jan downed his glass of water, supposedly waiting for a guest.

His office door opened, to reveal Gabriel Nowak, a Rainbow Operator in casual clothes. It has been known to the government that he has betrayed Rainbow, and needs to be eliminated for Treason. He has come to do one last job.

Gabe: Jan Bosak, you have betrayed the order. What do you plead?

Jan: Guilty, death is the punishment.

Gabe: Remaining true to the order now is too late. *shows suppressed RG15* Any last words?

Jan: May I have a request?

Gabe: What is it?

Jan: Leave the Brzyskis, Igor and my daughters alone. They are innocent.

Gabe: Who lives isn't judged by me, you know.

Jan: Can you respect my dying wish?

Gabe: It is human instinct to protect those you love. I respect that. I will persuade the order as much as I can, but no promises.

Jan: That is good enough. Thank you, comrade. Do not shoot me, I don't want a mess on the floor.

Jan suddenly felt weak and paralyzed, falling to the floor. His mouth began foaming, on the floor, his body struggling to stay alive. Jan had laced his glass of water with a soluble death pill. Lying on the floor, his eyes teared, remembering the faces of all his loved ones. 'I have failed all of you, forgive my actions and may we be family in our next life. Y/N, take care of my daughters in my place.' Jan Bosak thought to himself before breathing his last. Out of respect, Gabriel closed the deceased's eyes, before hastily leaving. The legendary Bosak GROM Commander has fallen, joining his father in the afterlife.