Part 21: Coincidence

8 April 2010

Poland

9 am

3rd Person POV

Within the year of proposing, Y/N and Zofia have been working hard, preparing the funds for their wedding. Despite each of their parents offering to pay for their wedding, Y/N and Zofia declined the generosity, going through multiple operations and missions, saving up for their wedding. Whenever each other were injured severely, they would visit and stay with each other in the hospital, making sure they were alright. Having registered their marriage the day after Y/N brawled with Jan Bosak, they proceeded to get a small house to live together, try out their wedding attire and a car to go to work together. Today was different, taking the day off to shop for rings, planning to tie the knot later in the month.

Y/N woke up from his bed, to see Zofia bear-hugging him tightly. Despite being groggy, Y/N put out a smile, admiring his partner's cuteness in her sleep, brushing her short hair. Probably due to Y/N, the Polish 2nd Lieutenant awaken from her slumber, replying with a smile towards her beloved, before having a short kiss together. 

Y/N: Morning, Dear. Could you release me so I could prepare breakfast?

Zofia: Just 5 more minutes, you could always do it later. There is still not enough snuggling with you.

Y/N: Come on, the early bird gets the worm. The sooner we get ready, the sooner we can get your ring.

Zofia: 5 more minutes.

Y/N not wanting to wait, released Zo's grip slowly, not wanting to provoke her. He proceeded to the bathroom to brush his teeth, before heading to the kitchen. He added some coffee powder to the coffee machine, making the black liquid that the two love. Filling the pan with oil, Y/N began frying some bacon and eggs. Pouring the coffee into two cups and filling the plates with breakfast, Y/N set up the dishes onto the small dining table. Proceeding to the front door. Y/N collected the morning paper, settling down by the dining table, drinking his coffee as he read the news.

"Wow, you are stealthy." Zofia joked at the doorway to the kitchen. Joining Y/N at the table, she began digging into breakfast. 

Zofia: It is good, maybe I should cook as well, I am your wife-to-be after all.

Y/N: There is no need for this, you would be busy with your duties in the higher-ups. 'I don't know if our insurance covers fire by cooking'.

Zofia: Alright then, next time then.

Finishing their breakfast, the lovebirds proceeded to change out of their sleepwear. Y/N wore a polo shirt with jeans, before joining Zofia in a shirt and jeans. The two proceeded out the door, heading for a jewellery store in their car.

At the shopping mall, the couple made their way towards the jewellery store, browsing through multiple rings and designs on display. Zofia's eyes sparkled on a particular ring, requesting the attendant to take it out. A ring made of rose gold, with a large diamond on the top.