Part 18:Guatemala

7 January 2009 (The paper on her page reported on 2011, but game data is 2009, so which is it?)

3rd Person POV

5 am Guatemala time

Report: A disastrous tropical storm formed a sinkhole in the middle of the city, swallowing an entire neighborhood. Many are trapped under rubble from the incident. Poland has volunteered to send engineers and rescue these casualties. The GROM has sent a team of operators to assist and protect the engineers from any hostiles while rescue operations occur.

Team: Wasp, Zofia(Leader), Fluorine and Muszla.

Loadout: 

Wasp: M762, Micro-Uzi, RG-15, Claymore, Snake Cameras.

Zofia: M762, RG-15, Claymore, KS79 Lifeline

Fluorine:M762, RG15, Breaching Charges, Special Drone.

Muszla: MP5 ,PM-70, C4

The GROM and engineers has just arrived on scene in their Chinook, securing the area before boarding Humvees. They were to perform humanitarian duty and begin rescue of casualties at the site. 

In the GROM's Humvee

Fluorine: Why do the engineers need us as protection?

Wasp: Beats me, but it should be serious since we are sent.

Muszla: This is why knowing our surroundings and listening to the news is important. Guatemala has one of the highest homicide rates in the world, at 46 killings per 100,000 in 2008. Given the state of the situation, I believe there will be some maniacs being hostile towards us, so do lookout. 

Zofia: I see, do not let your guard down, we may be highly trained compared to usual hooligans, but do not be too arrogant. Especially you, Y/N. I do not want to talk to your parents about injuries you sustained. 

Wasp: Alright, will make sure nothing happens to me, all of you too.

The team arrived at the scene. Buildings that once stood tall and proud were reduced to piles of rubble. The stench of something burning filled the air, making good use of Wasp's and Muszla's balaclava. The team of engineers and GROM began analyzing the ground. Work began on excavating, removing piles of rubble and retrieving the injured. Corpses retrieved from the rubble were placed in body bags, some engineers and Fluorine vomiting from the sight. With Florine's drone and Wasp's cameras, finding survivors is much easier than expected.

After a few hours of searching, rain began pouring. All personnel were forced back in to shelter to be not electrocuted by lightning. Muszla was comforting Fluorine after she saw those bodies, Wasp was getting ready to head out, cleaning his Snake Cams .

Zofia: What are you doing Y/N, it is dangerous for us to head out, the area being wet may cause future landslides.

Wasp: But every minute that passes is time wasted on not saving people. We are fighting against the clock for their lives. It is best we be as efficient as possible, people can only live 3 days without water, this is like the third day. 

Zofia: But I do not want you to be a sacrifice for others, all lives are important, even you.

Wasp: I am willing to save others to at my expense. The rain has stopped, I will proceed with my operation.

Zofia: If you are heading out, I will go too. You will need help lifting up rubble.

The two headed out in their gear, heading towards the danger-zone, ignoring warnings from others as they enter the rubble. They began strolling on the rubble, trying to listen out for any signs of life. A city was reduced to a wasteland, the area was bleak of life, but hope is still high.