Part 17: Dinner and Sparks.

20 March 2008

3rd Person POV

4pm.

Y/N just got his payslip. It is more than what he used to earn as a software engineer, so his mother would not need to work at her age and take care of her husband. Everything was slowly going back to normal, but Y/N's brother and sister-in-law were still working odd jobs. Y/N was having his day off, Zofia coincidentally having her rest-day too. Y/N wanting to thank her for the job, decided to disturb Zofia at the workshop.

Y/N enters the workshop, to see Zofia on the desk. Her Grenade Launcher was field stripped, as she prepared the ammunition for it. Standing in front of her was a concrete wall, one gapping hole in the wall as fragments of concrete dust settled to the floor.

Y/N:Hey Zo.

Zofia:What!?*drops concussion grenade,it detonates* Ow.

Y/N: Suka. What were you doing.

Zofia :Practising the launcher. Thank you for the gift,it means a lot to me.

Y/N: Nothing much, you were the perfect candidate for this. Anyways, want to go out for dinner, my treat.

Zofia: Yes, just yes, let me get ready. 

Timeskip 1 hour later, at the Main Gate of their building.

Y/N was wearing a long-sleeved shirt, and long black pants. Dressing smart, he considered putting a bow tie, before thinking it was too formal. Glancing at his watch,it was 5pm. "Kept you waiting ,huh?" A voice called out. Y/N turned to see Zofia in a sleeveless red dress, revealing her toned arms and legs. "Wow, you look fabulous tonight." Y/N commented. "Thanks, always need to be prepared for special occasions." Zofia thanked before poking out her elbow "Ready to go?" "As always." Y/N said in a gentlemenly, the couple walking out of their workplace.

The two walked towards a nearby shopping mall, entering it to see civilians enjoying their time there. "It's good to know our efforts are not in vain." Zofia commented with a smile. " For our efforts to uphold the law and maintaining the peace, I believe our time is well-spent." Y/N complimented her. The couple walked towards a prestigious restaurant, Y/N showing his reservation to the waiter, before the couple were brought to their table.

Zofia: Isn't *insert restaurant name here* one of the most difficult to get reservations, how did you...

Y/N:I have my ways. Besides, it is my way to express my gratitude.

The two were seated,before given the menu."These are quite expensive dishes."Zofia going wide-eyed,astonished by the prices."Order whatever you like,my treat." Y/N tried assuring the lady. "But I feel bad." "Alright, 'Cuse me." Y/N sighed before calling the waiter."2 sets of Sirloin Steak, and 2 glasses of Red Wine." The waiter noted down the order, before leaving for the kitchen."

"You sure about this? The food costs a lot." Zofia asked with concerned. "Well it is just one time, do not worry."Y/N assured."Besides, I have to properly thank you. If it weren't for you, I may not be able to fine a job during this tough time." Zofia blushed slightly from the praise. "Well thank you for the food, it's nothing much on my part." Zofia replied, trying to keep a straight face.

The food arrived along with the alcohol. Each were poured a glass, before the two began digging into their steak. They had one slab of Sirloin steak, partnered with a healthy serving of mashed potato and boiled vegetables, covered with gravy."You got something on your face." Y/N informed Zofia halfway through their meal. Pulling out a napkin, he wiped the stain off Zo's face, the female blushing from his gentleness. After savouring the fine dish, Y/N lifted his glass of red wine, clunking it with Zo."Cheers to our partnership." Y/N proclaimed before downing the glass. Finishing the wine, he is greeted by Zofia, already rowdy after consuming a quarter of the glass, face flustered red from the effects of alcohol. Y/N took her glass, downing the remainder of the wine, before paying for the dinner with his credit card.

Y/N shouldered Zofia out of the restaurant, getting eyed by others as he was carrying a woman. Zofia being bigger size than Y/N, was difficult to guide, especially while drunk. "YYYYYYYY/NNNNN, haveeee I told you I loooove you?" Zofia said drunked. "Yeah yeah." Y/N answered, not hearing well. The two hopped onto a cab, heading back to Zofia's place.

Upon reaching her home, Y/N piggy backed Zofia, she still rambling for alcohol. Y/N knocked on the door, to be greeted by her father. "This girl, she cannot hold alcohol, yet she is like that." Jan sighed, leading Y/N. Y/N placed the drunk lady on her bed, covering her up with her blanket. Y/N sure that Zofia is safe, descended the stairs, wanting to leave for home. 

Jan: *crossed arms in the living room* Explain yourself young man, why is she drunk.

Y/N: Well... I brought her out to thank her for giving me the job at GROM, it helped me out a lot. I would also like to thank you for advising her for hiring me.

Jan: *Walks towards Y/N" Have you done anything immoral to her.

Y/N: *shivers *What, no. She is a good friend, why would I do that. 'Besides you wont forgive me if I did that.'

Jan: *chuckles and slaps Y/N on the back.* I have seen you two with my daughters since young, I trust that you would keep her safe. Also, I approve of you two together, in a romantic sense.

Y/N: Ummm... OK... I will head off now.

Y/N exits the premises, flagging a cab to go home. On the way back, he was considering his relationship, why is he protective of Zofia. Her looks, her personality, what is it that attracts him to her.

A/N: Sorry for the late entry, just was busy with school and life in general, there may be a new chapter tomorrow if I am fast today.