Part 13: Call for Duty

Warning: This is all fictional.

November 2007

Mali

3rd Person POV

10am

It has been a few months of Y/N on the job. His job was basically to patrol and maintain peace of the camp, making sure no hostiles harm any civilians as well as maintaining order and peace in the camp. The rebellion happening there was causing civil unrest in the refugee camp, probably from worries of daily necessities. One particular day, Y/N and Zofia were doing their usual patrol around the camp, making sure order was in place, before being stopped by a crying woman that ran in front of Zofia."Got... people take... people...The people... my son." The lady cried, stuttering between words of broken English. Y/N raised an eyebrow in skepticism. "Should we trust her? " Y/N asked in his native tongue. " I have seen her with her child many times, she can't be lying." Zofia replied in Polish, before asking calmly in English, "Where did they go?" The frightened mother pointed towards the woods. "He...used foot...run there." She muttered. "Don't worry, we will get him back." Zofia assured before dragging Y/N in the direction. "This is Bosak and Brzyski, we are investigating a suspected kidnapping case. Permission to use lethal force if needed." She radioed in. " Permission granted, do approach with caution." Higher-ups responded. Y/N followed Zofia through the dense woodlands.

"Are you sure they are literal kidnappers?" Y/N asked, still thinking it is a hoax. "I know that she is not lying, through the months of patrolling the camp." Zofia assured. The two approached a two-story hut, seeing men in tattered clothes armed with AK-47s guarding the area.

 The two approached a two-story hut, seeing men in tattered clothes armed with AK-47s guarding the area

 "Strange, what is so important in this hut that need so many rebels guarding it." Y/N asked in curiosity. After Y/N's discovery, a car rolls up into at the main door, more rebels exited, with a little boy being dragged by two of the hostiles. "That is the kid from the mother." Zofia realized. "OK, now I am sold that this is child trafficking." Y/N answered, pissed from the situation." OK, we will enter the hut from the balcony, I will check out the contents of the first floor, cover me." "Got it." The two began crawling towards the balcony side, doing assassin take-downs on unsuspecting hostiles, dragging their corpses into the deep vegetation, before climbing onto the balcony. The two rappelled themselves up towards the balcony. Deploying his Snake Camera, Y/N checked the contents of the room. "Clear, only one open doorway to the left, place a clay-more over there." Y/N advised. He removed the camera, before entering the building tactically, Zofia following behind, closing the door. Zofia placed her clay-more towards doorway, while taking position with her rifle. "Lets see what they are...Motherfucker." Y/N said before cutting short. He could see what looks like the highest rank among the hostiles, taking pictures of a naked young girl, probably 10 years old. "With these pictures, we will get more funding for our cause. Besides, they are handy for sex or being sold for more money." The photographer laughed, before ordering his men to take the girl away. "Child pornography." Y/N informed Zofia, the two clenching their fists harder, taking back the camera. "Those sick fucks will pay. Take your clay-more back, we will confront them." Y/N switches all of his safeties off. 

The two began their descend down the stairs to the supposed photo-shoot. Going as slowly as possible, the duo proceeded down the stairs, staying alert of their surroundings. Reaching a doorway branching to the left and right, Y/N signaled that he will take the left, Zofia taking the right. On the count of three, the two exited the doorway, engaging at multiple hostiles. Lazy to reload, Y/N slung back his rifle and readied his Micro-Uzi. Zofia headed towards the photography room's entrance, Y/N covering her back as she rushed in. Zofia shot a hostile, before receving a shot herself downing her immediately. The hostile approached Zofia, about to finish her off with the AK-47 point blank to her head. This was interrupted by one continuous 'bang', Y/N dumped his Micro-Uzi into the assailant. "You need to be more care..." Y/N reprimanded the downed Zofia, before being shot twice in the chest, forcing him down.

"Y/N!" Zofia screamed seeing her partner laying on the floor. Turning to the directions to the shots, she sees the photographer armed with a Desert Eagle, still smoking from the shots at Y/N. Using her willpower, sheH̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶'F̶' ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶  picked herself up as the assailant reloaded the high caliber pistol. Before he could land a shot, the Polish woman smacked the photographer down with her M762, taking her Bayonet out and placing it on the man's throat. "I surrender." the photographer pleaded, with a smirk on his face. "By the Geneva Convention, I cannot be killed, so take me as a prisoner." "With what you done, prison is too lenient of a punishment for you, suka." Zofia said with a menacing stare, slashing his throat, leaving the man to drown in his own blood. 'Y/N!' Zofia suddenly thought about, rushing to her downed partner. She sees Y/N on the floor, semi-conscious from the shots. "Zo, is it over yet?" Y/N groaned, still groggy from blood loss. "Don't worry Y/N, I will get you out alive." Zofia assured, shouldering Y/N, slinging back their rifles and equipping Y/N's machine-pistol. The two proceeded to exit the room, before narrowly missing bullets to their left, hostiles from outside were investigating the gun-shots heard. Zofia, with all her might, proceeded to release hell towards the hostiles, headshot after headshot with the rather uncontrollable Micro-Uzi in one hand. Her sense to rescue Y/N must have pumped adrenaline into her, allowing her recoil control to be better than usual. The two retreated to the downstairs, engaging at three more hostiles guarding a wooden door. After sending the three to hell, Zofia kicked the door open, entering it. Closing the door,  she proceeded with blocking the door with heavy furniture, like a desk, turning around to see many young children, some semi-naked and others fully naked. "Don't worry, I will get you back to your parents. However, stay away from the door." Zofia assured the children, before placing a clay-more at the door. Laying Y/N on the floor, she began First-Aid on Y/N, bandaging the bullet wounds as much as possible. "Stay with me, Y/N, we all need you." Zofia ordered, Y/N nodded weakly while enduring the pain. "HQ this is Zofia, requesting medical evac and reinforcements at my location." She radioed.

The door exploded, with the remaining hostiles flowing in, before being met with the clay-more, instantly killing some of them. Using it as a distraction, Zofia opened fire with her M762, firing in bursts to save ammunition. Many were killed, but there were still a few left attempting to charge in. No time to reload, she pulled out her RG15, firing at the remaining baddies, only one remaining. Attempting to reload, Zofia was met with a butt-stock to the face, forcing her to stumble to the floor. She was jumped on by the hostile with a bayonet, using her hands to push the bayonet away from her face. The bayonet however did cut a bit of her face on the right side   (her face does have a small scar on her right side), however using her strength, she pushed the blade back, hovering it a few centimetres above her face. "You may be a soldier, but you are just a weak woman. You killed my brother in arms brutally, lets have you follow as his partner in death." The hostile threatened, pushing the blade down, reducing the centimetres to millimetres.

Bangs were heard, new holes created on the hostile as blood splattered onto Zofia and the surrounding floor and wall. Y/N used the last of his strength to empty his pistol onto the hostile, killing him. " Nobody attacks her and gets away with it." Y/N muttered, before dropping the gun and going unconscious. "Y/N, get up." Zofia called Y/N out to no avail. "U.N. Peacekeepers, Bosak, stay back, we are administering medical aid now." the reinforcements that just arrived instructed, carrying Y/N out to a stretcher and beginning to administer CPR. 'Wake up,Y/N.' Zofia thought, praying for his survival as she and the children were escorted back to base.

Y/N wakes up, to be blinded by the oddly familiar bright lights. Still weak, he tried to seat himself up. " Lemme help you." Zofia informed as she assisted Y/N, a bandage on her face with more on her torso. "How you feeling, Y/N?" "I am fine,you?" Y/N assured, holding his chest as it was slightly painful to speak. "Get some rest, we nearly lost you, later by a few seconds, and you would have eternal sleep." Zofia said, before slapping Y/N's injury, him yelping in pain."Whoops, so sorry. Anyway, we reunited the children with their parents, and were thanked for our actions. Get well soon, I will wait for you, partner." Zofia proceeded out of the tent, Y/N calling out for her. "You too, take care of that face wound." "Even if it leaves a scar, I don't mind. It serves as a reminder for the time you saved me again." Zofia said, leaving the tent for her room.