Part 34: Showdown

Image from https://aminoapps.com/c/rainbow-six-siege/page/blog/sister-rivalry/6PdJ_dVwCzuPDZ2d0YpPb2Bv20BmbkjgDxB

14 December 2014

5 pm

3rd Person POV

Zofia and Wasp were trekking through a jungle, armed with their M762s. There was a supposed illegal drug trade happening, with its HQ hiding in the jungle. The two went through thick vegetation, Wasp using his bayonet to attempt cutting through it.

Reaching the end of the jungle, they encounter a rickety wooden bridge, its rope looking old and weak. Judging by its condition, the bridge was not properly maintained, probably to warn others to not come any closer.

Zofia: We should drone it out.

Wasp: I think crossing it slowly should not be a problem.

Zofia: Tak

Wasp tested the bridge, placing his foot on its board. There was some creaking, but seem safe enough. The two went slow but steadily, Zofia leading the way, trying not to break the bridge.

Halfway through, they were confident in their bridge crossing, just passing the point of maximum bending the bridge will experience. Continuing steadily, the two were unaware that someone was watching their moves.

A slice was heard, before a 'clang' of metal was heard. Wasp turned around, seeing rustling of the leaves, as a blade laid on the dirt path. He was about to shoot the area, before noticing the sliced rope of the bridge, as well as the other was tensly overstrained.

Wasp: Kurwa, ewakuować!

The two picked up speed, as the other rope began snapping. Zofia managed to get to the other side safely, Wasp about 80% through the bridge. Not wanting to lose her husband, she held out her hand, ready to grab amd drag him to safety.

The rope snaps, Wasp using all his strength to make a leap of faith. He misses the ledge, but Zofia manages to hold tight to his wrist, he himself doing the same.

Hanging of a cliff, Wasp tried to hold onto anything else to pull himself up, to no effect. Zofia tried with all her strength, attempting to lift her husband out.

Y/N could sense Zofia's strength leaving her.

Y/N: Zofia... Let go.

Zofia: What? You crazy?

Y/N instinctively released his grip, leaving Zofia holding on, his hand slowly sliding off.

Y/N: It is inevitable. Take care of our daughter.

Y/N's hand slip through Zofia's grip, as he fell to his death, maintaining his smile with no screams.

Zofia: Y/N!

Zofia wakes up in a puddle of cold sweat. She found herself in the GROM's dorm of Hereford Base. Glancing at the clock, it was 4 am, 14 December, she just experienced a nightmare. Turning to her other side to cuddle her husband, all Zofia felt was her blanket, Y/N was missing.

Getting up frantically, Zofia thought her nightmare came through, looking for a sign that Y/N was still alive.

Ela: Family life slowing you down?

Zofia glanced at her younger sister, sitting on her own bed with her RG15 and a book.

Zofia: Where is Y/N?

Ela: Well...

1 hour ago...

Y/N wakes up to the vibration of the newly designed watch alarm. Vibrating at a special frequency, it forces the user to wake up. Y/N was briefed earlier on a mission. The team was Thermite, Sledge, Thatcher, Wasp and Caveira. Loosening Zofia's grip, Y/N headed for the bathroom to wash up, readying himself for the mission.