Part 36: The Wasp's Own Battle

You know what is up^

3rd Person POV

First, some background. Making further tweaks to the cure, Gustave AKA Doc and Dr. Macintosh perfected it into a shootable cartridge for pistols, as well as a gas grenade variant. Loading up Team Rainbow, they ventured back into the the diseased lands, shooting/gassing the cure into any grunts that threaten the world. Curing and treating the victims, the rebuild has begun. The operation was a success, without having any others know about the incident. There were some losses for the National Guard, a mass military funeral was held to pay respects, with gun and hand salutes, before the coffins covered by the American flag were packed and transported. As Team Rainbow packed up and ready to leave, Ash calls Wasp a side to discuss a private matter.

Wasp: What is it, Eliza?

Ash: Y/N, I have discussed what happened with Six. You would not be court-martial, but there will still be a punishment, it won't cost your job.

Wasp: What about Lion?

Ash: Olivier...he...

Wasp: He got off Scot-free is it?

Ash: Y/N, calm down. Let me explain.

Wasp: That French Bastard nearly killed my wife and lover, why is he getting nothing as retribution?! He instigated the fight.

Ash: *progressively gets frustrated and louder* You were the one that shot an automatic weapon in the vicinity of friendlies, endangering our lives.

Wasp: He had a fucking revolver out, does that not warrant anything.

Ash: Y/N, calm down...

Wasp: Screw this, pass this to Six. Seems like this special ops team can't even have teamwork happening. I don't want any part of this.

Ash: A resignation letter? Y/N, you are highly valued for your skills to Rainbow. This isn't costing your job, don't waste our efforts by quitting. Ela, Zofia, Blackbeard, Valkyrie, even I gave good words for you to be selected.

Wasp: Well, waste your efforts. If this team can't have a sense of to save lives as well as collaborate, I see no point in staying.

Wasp storms to the helicopter, where everyone was seated.

Zofia: Anything wrong, Kochaine?

Ela: You look quite frustrated.

Wasp: It's fine.

Ash was the last one boarding, closing the door as she took her seat.

Ash: Y/N, you don't need to go this far.

Wasp: Eliza, your pushing won't do shit. Let me be.

Ash let out a sigh, as the team began their return to Hereford, first towards a military base in the US, before continuing the journey to the UK.

29 December 2016

12 pm

Hereford Base

The team has returned back to base, receiving warm wolcomes and thanks for their efforts. As the others headed for lunch at the canteen, Y/N headed straight to the armoury, returning his equipment before joining his partners. Grabbing a tray of food, he sat beside his two lovers.

Zofia: Must you leave Rainbow, Y/N? What about us, Ash, Blackbeard, Valkyrie, those that are on good terms with you. One bad apple shouldn't cause you to leave.

Y/N: I didn't really want to come here in the first place. Just wanted to retire to my old job, not needing to fight for survival, saving the world, economically.